• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Stinki - Call Petey

cpprhead59

We are the music makers...we are the dreamers of d
Give Petey a call and tell him to get the SC boys all ready to go this week and put the Irish out of their misery. I cannot take it anymore. A quick death will be nice, say like 28 pts in the first half and then coast it in from there.

I live and die with ND but I am at my end with the current staff. Losing to a 21+pt underdog at home, students throwing snowballs at the team (idiots), going 9-14 in the last two years, etc. Maybe they will turn it around but not without a full cleaning out of the staff, maybe even Weis too.....

There is no passion or fire with this team nor has there really been any outside of Weis' first year. The offensive genius he is supposed to be rushed for 41 yds against the 107th (out of 119) rated run defense.

Cheers to the 'cuse. They wanted it and deserved it.

God help them on Saturday night. Personally I feel if ND loses by more than 21 - Weis is gone.

Watch it turn out to be a trap game for us. I suspect we will turn the Irish inside out, but who knows . . .

A good high school team and turn the Irish inside out. They have no spark, no confidence, etc. SC should be smart and get up on them early and they will cash it in. Terrible to say but thats how I see it. I am at my end with this current coaching staff. Three losses to teams where they had at least 10pt leads in the 4th quarter and six wins against a very very easy schedule.

SC with 2 nice wins and some help could ......nevermind I don't want to jinx it on you.

Can you say "buy out?"

I am hearing all kinds of information/rumors from people I know at ND and also that I read over message boards by people who are usually right on big type of ND news. It is going to be interesting to see how the next 48-72hrs plays out.

I would normally love to place a friendly wager for this one but unless you give me 70 points I won't touch this one. :blush:

Weis got a contract renewal - I think it was a pay or play contract, too - after 2006, but he was playing seniors who were Willingham's recruits back then. The last two years have been, by and large, with his own recruits. Last year was a rebuilding year ... this year is a little different. Or, judging from the scores, this year is little different.

ND is a little bit handicapped by the location (scenic, somewhat post-apocalyptic South Bend) and by the administration's insistence on maintaining very high graduation rates (>95%). But I can't see that ND is really making the most of its assets, either. Or, more the point, Weis is not making the most of his assets.

Willingham was fired after amassing a better record than Weis. Then again, Weis is part of the "family", a ND alumnus, and has gone out of his way to ingratiate himself to the alumni and the CSC. This might keep him alive for another year. No longer than that, though.

Weis comes off as a total a-hole and it's nice to see ND backpedaling. Remember when the Fat Man was an offensive genius? He doesn't look so smart without Brady Quinn.

Personally I think that IF they do get rid of Weis it is going to be gutwrenching due to the fact that he is an ND guy and has done a lot with the school and GETS what ND is all about. But I do think they have to make a business decision, and the buyout it not nearly what the media is saying and is something that ND could pay easily.

Getting recruits to ND is not a problem that people have made it out to be and Weis has showed that. He has had some of the top recruiting classes over the last 3-4 years in the country and has won recruits over schools like USC, Michigan,Florida, etc. That does not let him off the hook in my eyes, in that if you get these great recruits you have to develop them, which he is not doing. I have never seen a group of guys 6'5''+ and 300lbs + not block anyone....no...really...anyone.

South Bend has nothing except for ND but have you been to Gainsville (no offense UF people, I live in NEPA and there is nothing here either)? There is not much there either except when school is in and the weather is a little warmer. USC gets a pass b/c it is LA, the weather and the women.

If some of these rumors I am hearing are true, all I can say is WOW. I doubt they are but I am not totally for him getting fired, at least this year. If he were to stay he needs to overhaul his staff and get some coaches in there that can motivate their players, something the current people do not do except for Corwin.

If he does go, just who would be a candidate to replace him?

Now that is the big question - Who do they go after? Who would want it?

The program is in a much better state by leaps and bounds then when Weis got there but still has a way to go, they gets loads of national attention (even though media says ND is irrelavent) and has a fan base (me included) that is never going to be happy unless they win it all every year.

If they do go out and get someone new it HAS (repeat HAS) to be a top flight, big name, big draw coach, not someone who was an assistant somewhere else pro or college.

I have heard a few big names and some smaller names thrown around, but it is all just rumors at this point. But the big names...are HUGE and thus I cannot even being to fathom them even thinking about it.

I have heard 5 current college coaches, 2 current NFL coaches and one ex-NFL coach. It may just be the HOPING that ND fans are wanting but the fact of the matter is Weis is still the coach as of right now so its pointless to even speculate who the potential replacement would be.

Hate doing this being new and all but ND is the most overrated team in college football and have been for years. They get to go to bowl games when they are .500 and are still bowl elligible and could go to the Sun Bowl. It drives me crazy the amount of attention they get.

I don't have a problem with the media love-fest every year, but I do have a problem with the recruiting rankings for ND players. I think they had 13 players in the Army All-Star game, which coincidentally enough is on NBC (which airs ND football, conveniently).

Where are all these 5 star players? So few of them actually produce.

Oh well, it is fun to see ND nation in such tension.

Weis is going to be staying, at least for a year. I have a lot of mixed thoughts about it. I have been away for a few days and not able to follow it like I ususally do, I am interested to see what went on beyond the scenes.

They are bad. I don't care if you get the best recruits in the world every year, you have to develop them, and he is just not doing it.

I would say their 2009 schedule is about as tough as their 2008 schedule. I miss the UM-ND rivalry from the late 1980's. What is with the game in Texas?

Sept. 5 NEVADA
Sept. 12 at Michigan
Sept. 19 MICHIGAN STATE
Sept. 26 at Purdue
Oct. 3 WASHINGTON
Oct. 10 Open Date
Oct. 17 USC
Oct. 24 BOSTON COLLEGE
Oct. 31 vs. Washington State (at San Antonio, Texas)
Nov. 7 NAVY
Nov. 14 at Pittsburgh
Nov. 21 CONNECTICUT
Nov. 28 at Stanford

The schedule this year and next year is extremely weak by ND standards and the record this year is terrible given that schedule. I always judge an ND game by this idea: How many players on the other team were even offered a scholarship by ND? The truth this year, outside of USC, was that there were not many schools at all that had a significant number of players who had been offered scholarships by ND and thus ND should have won...they did not and hence there is a huge problem.

With that said and the current Weis situation, if he does not go 10-2 with a bowl win, he is gone and should be.
The deal with the game in Texas is that back in the day (think Rockne) was that ND would go anywhere to play anyone and were basically a barnstorming team running around the country and playing all the top teams in the land. Now, they are crapping on that tradition by running around the country playing bad teams. If they were playing Miami in say, New Orleans or Orlando, now that I would go for but Wazzu in San Antonio is crap (sorry wazzu fans). There is a game a year for the next few years scheduled at neutral sites agains so-so teams in areas where ND has a strong alumni or fan base.

I also miss the UM/ND games of the late 80's and early 90's. I went to the last 3 they played (2 at ND and 1 in Miami) and they were just awesome games where the teams really hated eachother.

I also miss the UM/ND games of the late 80's and early 90's. I went to the last 3 they played (2 at ND and 1 in Miami) and they were just awesome games where the teams really hated eachother.

Hatred can bring out the best in a team. I starting to wonder about Miami's coach. I think he maybe a great recruiter, so-so coach (Ron Zook). I also think Weis needs at least 10 wins in 2009 to save his job.

My friend who I went to high school with and then he played at UM really likes him and think that if they give him the time they need, he will be fine.

He said Coaker was an ok coach but really did it all with Davis' players. He was recruited and played under Davis and then played his last year under Coaker. It takes awhile to put things back to where they once where.

My friend who I went to high school with and then he played at UM really likes him and think that if they give him the time they need, he will be fine.

He said Coaker was an ok coach but really did it all with Davis' players. He was recruited and played under Davis and then played his last year under Coaker. It takes awhile to put things back to where they once where.

Pretty much anyone could have coached UM during the 2001-2002 seasons with the players they had. Returning to glory can be done. Look at USC before Carroll and Oklahoma before Stoops. Both were average to good, but certainly not great. A program just needs the right coach.