• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Stogies For Troops ?

gibu

So hi... It's been a while. I was thinking today that I just don't smoke nearly as much as I used to and was thinking I might send some of my sticks over seas and cut down my inventory a little. I might be kind of lazy here not looking around for myself, but I thought somebody might have some suggestions on who to send them to. There was some official big cigar donation efforts a while back but I haven't seen any around lately. I don't know anyone currently on active duty over seas. Anyone have any suggestions? Nothing big, I don't have a lot really anymore, just a few sticks to a group of guys that would appreciate them perhaps.

Hello,
I don't know you, but I think it's a great gesture. If you don't mind, I'd like to add a few cigars to your care pack. Or if preferred, I'll take up the collection.

OPFTH is always a great idea. I have an address for a bunch of guys in Iraq I can PM you if you like, or depending on the timeline, I'm going myself first week of May, so I can hand carry them if you want.

-K-

I have canadiate your you. My wife is friends with a lady she met in class at her collage. Her husband is a LT. Cmdr. in the Navy and was sent to Iraq for a year IA(Individual Agumentee). He recently came home for a 2 week break and I had the chance to meet him, what a great guy. My wife and his wife made cookies for him and sent them off and he ended up walking around camp handing out cookies to everyone he could. My wife just recently mentioned that he is a cigar smoker. I saw this thread and thought of him instantly because I know that he would share them with everyone. If this sounds like a good choice to you PM me and I will get his FPO address for you. Having served for 14 years now I know firsthand what a great feeling it is to receive a great gift from people you have never met. Whatever your decision.......Great idea and Great job. Thanks!!!

You will have to link up with someone who is over there or is going. I recommend preembargo as stated before. This way you know they will get to the end user.

Nick

OFTH is the way to go........

Tim

Very nice gesture, you don't know how much our troops appreciate this kind of support. You can send thm to me @

OpFTH
c/o
Mike Beach
5313 Scott Dr
North Richland Hills, TX

I'll make sure the they get over there. And please go ahead and include a note to the troops, the soldier who gets these will enjoy that even more than the cigars.

I will add that OpFTH is the way to go....I've been over here for a little over a month and Mike was quick to get me set up. OpFTH is bar none the way to go in donating cigars to troops...

Might just have to send out 2 packages. One to preembargo to send over, and one for Treamayne to hand deliver over there!!! If you would pm me your addy Trea, I will get a package set up for ya. On elast question however, how high end do these sticks all have to be? I don't want to short anyone or overkill either! Thanks!

Don

Nice Gesture... I am a civilian contractor here in Baghdad and work in a "hummer modification shop" and soldiers come in and out of there all day, we have had lots of care packages sent over we even have a bunch of class 1 stuff (food, drinks, snacks) for the soldiers, I have PM one of the OPFTH guys but never got a message back not sure why but if you want to donate to the troops I think because of the soldier traffic in our shop that it will be best to send the here, if not I also came in contact with a Captain on her GOCOUGS2002 and if you don't feel comfortable sending them to a civilian you might want to talk to him, maybe that's why I never got a response back from OPFTH. Or please visit this thread, I am trying to get a list of all the soldiers and civilians here in the Baghdad area, Thanks. http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=42827

OMG!! :0

I thought someone had topped one of his old threads! :0

STEVE!!!!!!

Damn it's great to see you back around these parts! :thumbs:

For those of you who have never met or interacted with Gibu, he's is definitely one of THE BEST!

Don't be a stranger, will ya! :D

For those of you who have never met or interacted with Gibu, he's is definitely one of THE BEST!

He's the first guy I ever bombed... and then he shut out my lights. :laugh:

I agree with CC, come by more often. :thumbs: