• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Store for Sale in Tampa

"Dancing Pole, Disco Lights" - I Dig It Baby!

Austin-Powers-Magnet-C11750507.jpg

"Seller owns Tabanero Cigars and buyer will agreed to keep Tabanero Cigars line in the store unless, quality change dramatically, or new owner is not happy any more with the services, at that point New owner will take out from any advertising or sings the word (Tabanero or Hav-a-Taba)
80% of cigars sales in the store are from Tabanero Cigars Line."

It grosses (net?) 55K...and expenses are around 30K = 25K before taxes...and sells mostly one brand of cigars.

I wonder if it's a bad location or is it that Tabanero Cigars suck? :whistling:

I wouldn't think there would be too many offers made to him based on those figures and his demands to sell his product. Then to offer to run the place for the new owner for "the right salary"

Before I would buy that place I think I would purchase a boat...that may prove to be the better 'investment' :laugh:

Interesting (although the premise is sort of odd - a cigar manufacturer selling their retail arm? Isn't that, oh, a fundamental part of their marketing message?) but it may be that no more are going out of business than usual. It's just that the way that they're disposed of is different.

I'd kick him to the curb and keep one box of his sorry ass cigars on hand if I absolutely had to. 80% no name sticks is not a good way to make money.

He's selling the store to take ESL at the local college.

It already has one of these, and all for $70k! :D

gallery_998_773_29410.jpg

GB :whistling: ???

We have a leaf fund, why not a tobacco fund. :laugh:

Brian

I have passed this place several times on my way to Edwards(they are very close together), one of the best established tabacco shops in the area. You would be hell pressed to get an account from any of the major distributors because of the Edwards connection. IMHO

I have much better things to lose my money on, like weed and hos(sp?).

Ken

You would be hell pressed to get an account from any of the major distributors because of the Edwards connection. IMHO
Ken
Good point...so the thing to do is give him 10K for fixtures and turn it into a BYOC Club :thumbs:

Hello guys this Yanko from Tabanero Cigars and I really like all yours comments, Yes is true that I need ESL classes, because since I came from Cuba in 1994 , 16 years old and wile you were, working for a salary, going to school or smoking weed, I so far already had 5 successful companies witch 4 were sold for a total of $109k by 2001
Owned commercial property in Ybor City Tampa with an equity of (conservative) $600k witch I collect a net rent income of $1500 a month, A beuty salon that makes about $2k to $3500 a week and 4 rental incomes properties with a net of $2600 a month.
(Not bad for a refuge that needs ESL Classes) :whistling:
It looks, by your comments that, none of you guys owned a business or don’t know Bull about investments. :whistling:
About my sorry ass cigars or Tabanero Cigars Suck: :D
Tell me how come I sell 80% from Tabanero Cigars, if I also carry:
Popular premium brands Cigars with the beutifull labels that you guys like:
Rocky Patel, Ashton, Perdomo, Arturo Fuentes, Camacho, Macanudo, La gloria Cubana R, Punch, Partagas Series S, H Hupmann Vintage, Montecristo, Montecristo White, Playboy by Don Diego, Romeo y Julieta Reserva Maduro, Romeo y Julieta 1875, La Aroma de Cuba, Joya de Antano, Acid.
What you need to do is smoke one of my Tabanero and stop talking bull.
Thank you, for all your comments again and God bless America.

We use Connecticut wrapper and Sumatra wrapper from Ecuador. My cigar roller both work for H Hupmann for a good long time in Cuba, I have the best Torpedo, Robust, Toro you can have (fresh, not standing 2 years in a box with the nice Labels in a warehouse) and it is thanks to the love that we put in to it, that is why I rather star a factory; and by the way who tell you that a real cigar factory needs a store as retail arm?
What did you know Marco-Polo?
Six Tampa Handmade Tabanero Robust $20.99
Five Tampa Handmade Tabanero Toros $25.00
Six Tampa Handmade Tabanero Torpedos $ 34.99
Tabanerocigars.com or 813 333-1118

Tabanero is a very good cigar for those who have not tried them. The brand is not the problem. The store/lounge looks very nice indeed. Just how much customer demand there is for his type of business is somewhat speculative since I do not live in Tampa and do not have the knowledge of the area. It would seem to me that they would get some of their business from the college? Where is their competition? Have they been doing anything to promote new and continued business? What area of town are they in and is this area growing or on the decline?
Hats off to you Yanko. America is a great place to live and get into business. You obviously have worked hard to get where you are. I admire that and congratulate you!

David

I wonder if it's a bad location or is it that Tabanero Cigars suck? :whistling:

I'd kick him to the curb and keep one box of his sorry ass cigars on hand if I absolutely had to. 80% no name sticks is not a good way to make money.

What you need to do is smoke one of my Tabanero and stop talking bull.
Thank you, for all your comments again and God bless America.

While I think we all disagree with Yanko's placement of Acid cigars among the "premiums", and we may question the wisdom of buying his retail establishment, none of us have tasted a Tabanero cigar. Under those circumstances, saying his cigars suck is disingenuous and rude. So, now that Yanko has responded, who is going to stand up and test the hypothesis that the cigars suck? And if they don't, who is going to apologize for their statements.

I was doing a search on Tabanero Cigars in Tampa, FL and ran across this page. I had to register for a CigarPass account just so I could tell my story...

First of all, I live in Tampa. About a year ago, I was driving home from work and needed to pick up a quick stick for my evening ritual. I had passed by Tabanero a number of times and didn't think anything of it (after all, there are a ton of good cigar shops in Tampa). But, this time I stopped.

I met Yanko and he walked me into his Humi. After I explained my tastes, (Montecristo #2, Punch, and the occasional A. Fuente) Yanko made me a bet. He'd let me purchase my name-brand sticks with no grief if I promised to try his house blend stick (for free). I chuckled, as I have smoked many a house brand that never added up to the taste and quality of my name-brand sticks, but I accepted.

I went home, grabbed a Guinness, sat on my porch, and fired up a very well-constructed Connecticut wrapper torpedo. I was expecting to taste an overly fresh cigar, bland, and with an almost burnt-paper tasting wrapper (after all, it was a free cigar). but I was surprisingly mistaken. The cigar had a perfect roll, a perfect burn, and was full of complex flavors rivaling many of the Habanos I have had the pleasure of smoking during my many travels. I smoked it to the tip and extinguished my dead soldier with much respect and amazement.

To make a long story short, I have been visiting Tabanero on a regular basis ever since. It's a small shop, with a great local personality, excellent beer specials (domestic and import), groovy laid back people, a speak-easy-esque back room with a pool table, and the occasional free Argentinian Sausage off the grill.

Yanko is an exceptional person and his cigar and business skills are unrivaled. I, for one, am glad that I have had the opportunity to enjoy not only his personality and establishment, but also his incredible artisan-rolled cigars. Tabanero is a testament to old-school Ybor cigar craftmanship and a true success story of Cuban Americans in the Tampa area. In fact, it truly depresses me to see that he's thinking of selling his retail shop. I can only hope that whoever buys it keeps Yanko's many traditions (and the unrivaled quality of his cigars) alive and well for everyone in Tampa to enjoy.

Feel free to trash talk me all you want. Other than the one free cigar he passed to me on a bet a year ago, Yanko has never offered me anything to speak kindly of his brand. I have, and continue to recommend this little gem to anyone that travels through Tampa and is looking for a great stick. Perhaps if you exhibit the same interest in quality cigars that I did a year ago, Yanko will make the same bet to you! You personal humi will never be the same!

Best of luck to you all,

Dan

I was doing a search on Tabanero Cigars in Tampa, FL and ran across this page. I had to register for a CigarPass account just so I could tell my story...

First of all, I love in Tampa. About a year ago, I was driving home from work and needed to pick up a quick stick for my evening ritual. I had passed by Tabanero a number of times and didn't think anything of it (after all, there are a ton of good cigar shops in Tampa). But, this time I stopped.

I met Yanko and he walked me into his Humi. After I explained my tastes, (Montecristo #2, Punch, and the occasional A. Fuente) Yanko made me a bet. He'd let me purchase my name-brand sticks with no grief if I promised to try his house blend stick (for free). I chuckled, as I have smoked many a house brand that never added up to the taste and quality of my name-brand sticks, but I accepted.

I went home, grabbed a Guinness, sat on my porch, and fired up a very well-constructed Connecticut wrapper torpedo. I was expecting to taste an overly fresh cigar, bland, and with an almost burnt-paper tasting wrapper (after all, it was a free cigar). but I was surprisingly mistaken. The cigar had a perfect roll, a perfect burn, and was full of complex flavors rivaling many of the Habanos I have had the pleasure of smoking during my many travels. I smoked it to the tip and extinguished my dead soldier with much respect and amazement.

To make a long story short, I have been visiting Tabanero on a regular basis ever since. It's a small shop, with a great local personality, excellent beer specials (domestic and import), groovy laid back people, a speak-easy-esque back room with a pool table, and the occasional free Argentinian Sausage off the grill.

Yanko is an exceptional person and his cigar and business skills are unrivaled. I, for one, am glad that I have had the opportunity to enjoy not only his personality and establishment, but also his incredible artisan-rolled cigars. Tabanero is a testament to old-school Ybor cigar craftmanship and a true success story of Cuban Americans in the Tampa area. In fact, it truly depresses me to see that he's thinking of selling his retail shop. I can only hope that whoever buys it keeps Yanko's many traditions (and the unrivaled quality of his cigars) alive and well for everyone in Tampa to enjoy.

Feel free to trash talk me all you want. Other than the one free cigar he passed to me on a bet a year ago, Yanko has never offered me anything to speak kindly of his brand. I have, and continue to recommend this little gem to anyone that travels through Tampa and is looking for a great stick. Perhaps if you exhibit the same interest in quality cigars that I did a year ago, Yanko will make the same bet to you! You personal humi will never be the same!

Best of luck to you all,

Dan

Thanks.