• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Storing Acids?

Jeff B.

NWMSU Mafia Hitman
I know mixing Acids and other highly flavored cigars with regular sticks in a humidor is a no-no, but I was just curious as to what would happen if a couple Acids were placed in a plastic bag and the bag stored in the humidor? Assuming the plastic bag had no leaks would this pose a problem to the humidor and the other cigars therein?

You could probably get away with it. Maybe double bag them ???

Even better, use a tupperdor for them :thumbs:

lucasbuck said:
You could probably get away with it. Maybe double bag them ???

Even better, use a tupperdor for them :thumbs:
[snapback]172497[/snapback]​

Why not just keep them in a separate Ziploc bag, but not in the humi? I would imagine a double bagged Ziploc would hold moisture as well as any humidor.

I have one of those cheap little fuente bags for those types. its been quite awhile since it has had anything in it.

or get a 2 dollar Rubbermaid for them and use a floral sponge

Mephiston said:
I have one of those cheap little fuente bags for those types. its been quite awhile since it has had anything in it.
[snapback]172510[/snapback]​

This is the route I take for flavored cigars. Works for up to 6 months before you need a new bag. :)

What's a flavored cigar? :sign:

I had to do that. Naturals don't smell that bad. Acids are just rank. How big and full is the humi. I had the medusa in my humi and all my other cigars overpowered the smell. Darn habanos picking on all the rest! What about single baggies. If you have CAO or any other strong sented ones, do not try this. Just bag them or smoke them, or toss them! ;)

i have about 6 different acids, and i put them in a $2 tupperware container as stated by one of the other posters. they do "contaminate" the non-flavored smokes rather quickly.

I store mine at the shop they sell them at.... actually they aren't "mine" as I never realy bought any of them and I don't even go into the shop they sell them at.