• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Storing boxes in a coolerdor

CajunChris

If storing unopened boxes in a coolerdor (boxes that won't be opened for quite a while), does it make a difference whether or not the cellophane wrap is removed from the box? (not each cigar, but the box itself)

I usually take the cello off of my boxes before placing them in the cooler. Its usually cause I try and sample one before I put them away. I do know a few guys that leave the cello on and their cigars seem to age just fine also. :cool:

I believe that if you leave the cell on it will not hurt but will make it very dificult for the smokes in side to come to the humidity of the cooledor. I usually take it of just to make sure the cigars get some humidity. Hope that helps. The age time would make a diff though if your talking years leave it on so you are not tempted! LOL:)

Just my two yen, but I at least unwrap the box when I put it in my coolerdor. One of the two cigar shops I regularly buy from keeps their cigars very wet. If I didn't unwrap the box it would be a lot longer before they had dried out enough to smoke. (I prefer my cigars at about 65% RH)