• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Storing Cigar Tins or Tubes?

dannymer1974

If you buy some Cigar Tins for short smokes, or even some cigars in glass or aluminum tubes, how do you store them? Can you just drop them in the wine-o-dor if you have one? Should you put them in a humidor in the case, or remove them like singles?

Or does it not matter at all?

If you buy some Cigar Tins for short smokes, or even some cigars in glass or aluminum tubes, how do you store them? Can you just drop them in the wine-o-dor if you have one? Should you put them in a humidor in the case, or remove them like singles?

Or does it not matter at all?

'tis been answered......

Linky1
Linky2

Oh - I leave mine in them...unless I take them out.

I dont really see any discussion in those links on tins though. Is it the same policy as tubes (in general). I apologize if I am missing something in those links.....but it seems to be all about cigars in tubes.

I dont really see any discussion in those links on tins though. Is it the same policy as tubes (in general). I apologize if I am missing something in those links.....but it seems to be all about cigars in tubes.

It depends on the purpose of the smokes.
Collector tins w/cigars or just smoking cigar that came in a tin?
Are the smokes, that are in the tins, in cello or ceder or neked?

Actually, either way, I leave them in the tin.
Other's probably don't.
Most important - keep them humidified.

More linky's.

Prince Albert came in a can.....

<I'll leave that one to Matt>

From my experience, I like to take the cigars out of the tubing when storing them in my humidor. When storing them for 6+ months or more, I've noticed that my humidor had a metallic odour to it and the same applied to the actual cigar being stored.

Since the tubes state that the conditions inside the tube are ideal until the tube is opened, wouldn't it be OK to leave them outside a humi and just keep an eye on temp?

Since the tubes state that the conditions inside the tube are ideal until the tube is opened, wouldn't it be OK to leave them outside a humi and just keep an eye on temp?
For very short term storage, sure, for a couple of days or so. For long term storage, it won't work. The tubos are just ever so slightly permeable to outside ambient air. It would be akin to simply leaving your cigar out on a shelf. The effects would just be slower.

As for the original question of this thread, I personally always leave my cigars in the same exact container I purchase them in (space permitting, of course). Honestly, I never understand why these questions come up when tubo/tin purchases are made. We felt comfortable enough with their packaging when we bought the cigars. What's different now, the amount of time we have them in our inventory? Consider how long they sat in that packaging before we bought them. Heck, what if the sales clerk had said "These cigars are ten years old.", MUSIC to the ears of many cigar enthusiasts (assuming they were stored in ideal conditions and not obscenely marked up in price). Would anyone tell the clerk, "Oooooh, yuck! They've been in tubos for too long! I pass!"?