• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Storing Cutters and Lighters

cabinets

Any harm in storing cutters and lighters in a humidor? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask such a question. The place where I bought it says not to but I don't see why. Btw, it's a cabinet style with a drawer on top for singles. Thanks. :) Also butane?

Well...

The humidity in the humidor could cause rust on the blades of the cutter...

The gas could leak out of the lighters tainting your cigars...

But, what are the chances of that happening? Not really sure. If I were to store them in a cabinet, I'd at least store them in a box separate from my cigars. That's just me though.

All valid points brought up by Davey Jones here... In my opinion, I regularly store my cutters and lighters in my Cigar Caddy's when I'm going to a herf or something, but I personally wouldn't store them in my humidor for long-term.

Last thing you want is a rusted cutter. Easier just to keep them next to the humidor with no fuss and no muss.

My local B&M sells empty cigar boxes for $2 or $3 each and donate the money to a charity. Consider buying one, or using one you've emptied as a storage box for cigar accessories.

My local B&M sells empty cigar boxes for $2 or $3 each and donate the money to a charity. Consider buying one, or using one you've emptied as a storage box for cigar accessories.

I use an old 8-5-8 box for my cutters, lighters and other accessories as well. Lets me keep my lighters upright.

I keep my 'gars and tools seperate.

Got a drawer in my desk here where the cutters and lighters live.

When I'm on the road with my cigar caddies, I fould some really cool little leather pouches at the local hippy fair that hold the cutter and lighter just fine, which get tied onto the end of the cigar caddy.

Us long hairs can call it the "hippy fair" without discrimination.....
laugh.gif

Cheers - B.B.S.

Us long hairs can call it the "hippy fair" without discrimination.....
laugh.gif

Cheers - B.B.S.

Yeah, I was gonna say something there Tom! Something about pots calling kettles names and whatnot, I can't really remember anymore.

Must be lack of sleep. :laugh:

I doubt the relative humidity inside the humidor would be a problem for the cutter or lighter. 65-70% is not really that high, especially in the summer months.

I doubt the relative humidity inside the humidor would be a problem for the cutter or lighter. 65-70% is not really that high, especially in the summer months.
Agreed. I don't do it, but I don't see an issue with it either.

I don't store my lighters with my cigars, but I do store a cigar cutter or two in one of my humidors. It has been about two years now, and no signs of rust on the blades. One is a Palio, the other a Xikar. Haven't noticed any detrimental effect to the cigars in the humidor either.

Maybe that is where I need to keep my stuff. I've lost 4 nice cutters in the last 2 years but somehow Ive been able to keep up with my $2 cutter the whole time.

Also I have been told not to store matches in the humidor either due to the chemicals on the match head leech out when put in humidity.

I like the extra cigar boxes idea. I picked some up at the cigar merchant in Alpharetta for $2.

I just keep mine in an old tupperware container (the size you buy the pre-sliced deli meat in).

Just buy a Xikar (Cutter and Lighter). It has a lifetime warranty. And by the lack of fine print it looks like you send it in and they will take care of you.

Just buy a Xikar (Cutter and Lighter). It has a lifetime warranty. And by the lack of fine print it looks like you send it in and they will take care of you.

That is correct, they just send a brand spankin' new one.