• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

storing ISOM's

Razorback

Migratory Coconut
I recently acquired some ISOM's, but I dont' know if I should try to keep them seperate from every thing else in my humi. Right now I have them in a gladware container with the lid loosly on to let air in, I figured this would help prevent marrying. Is this a good way to store them, or am I just being anal about keeping them seperate?

There is no problem storing your ISOM's with the rest of your cigars.
If you like, just keep them on one side of your humidor.

Just be sure you don't place them alongside your Acid Vanilla Kahlua flavored cigars!

There is no problem storing them along side domestics. A word to the wise though; ISOMs have a much larger propensity for beetles than domestics, so make sure you have a well regulated temperature and keep an eye on them just in case. Better safe than sorry.

Patrick

Also, some guys (including myself) store our habanos in another humi simply because they are intended to be stored for an extended period of time and the humidity is kept higher. For example, I keep my habanos, which I'm aging, at about 68-69% while my other humi (which includes domestics that are ready to smoke) at around 63-65%. You will find other guys that don't do it this way, but just another piece to consider. ;)

Razorback said:
I recently acquired some ISOM's, but I dont' know if I should try to keep them seperate from every thing else in my humi. Right now I have them in a gladware container with the lid loosly on to let air in, I figured this would help prevent marrying. Is this a good way to store them, or am I just being anal about keeping them seperate?
[snapback]282961[/snapback]​
anal

thanks for the honesty emo... ;)
I figured it was probably a ridiclous concern and now I know.

Danger, Danger!
Do not keep with the rest of your cigars.
There are special made humis to keep Isoms.
In fact, very few are still around and are not made anymore.

So, if you do not have one of these humidors, feel free to use mine.
Address is in profile.

cletus, your generosity... wow, it overwhelms me. however i'm going to risk keeping them in my own humi. :D

You do not want non Cubans next to your domestic cigars. Cuban cigars need to be stored at 58-62 percent humidity. They age and smoke better at these levels. Also you do not want non cubans to marry to the flavors of Cubans. If you put Ghurkas or other infused cigars next to your Cubans they will ruin your Cubans.

Razorback said:
[snapback]282961[/snapback]​

They are just cigars. Put 'em in your humidor. You may want to store them at a lower humidity level, but you can do that with any cigars.