• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Storing Swingin' Singles

Dice

Grow a set and stop being so paranoid!
I'm curious to what the majority think about this.

How do you store your "single" cigars? I'm not to worried about the Non ISOM variety since I tend to buy a fair enough number of sticks or boxes of my main faves to keep them in partitioned sections of my humi's and the odd one's and two's don't last very long. But when it comes to ISOM's and with frequent talks of the sticks flavor's "marrying", I curious how you store your singles.

As it stands right now, I keep mine together by "brand" whenever possible in an old box. But I have 1 box that is a mish-mosh of all kinds of sticks that I'm letting get a little age under they're belts before I fire em up. Am I potentially screwing them up or am I just being too anal.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Personally I keep all of my random singles together in a large desktop humi and all of my boxes in the cooler. I haven't found any evidence of flavors marrying but I haven't had enough long term experience to really say.

I just keep them all together in various boxes. Most of my stock are 5 packs I bought, promo sticks, sticks from the couple of passes I've done, and stuff I've won in contests here or been bombed with. I keep them in boxes sorted by size. The only ones I don't sort by size are the cigars I'm not supposed to have. The only reason for that is I feel it an insult to the cigars to put them in a box from anywhere else and I only have 1 box from that special place.

From my research, you're not going to screw anything up as long as you're not mixing ACIDS or other flavored smokes with the others. Seems the prevailing opinion is that marrying doesn't really happen except possibly over many, many years.

My opinion...

You're fine.

Flavors "marrying" is a myth unless you have acid or lars or somethiing else like that. And if you do have those an entirely different humidor is a good idea.

Thanks guys! Glad to know I'm not potentially screwing up some primo sticks! :thumbs:

Every thing I have read says that you are doing fine. The articles that said keep them separated assume that you have cabinet or walk in humi and are a fanatic about the micro molecules that may transfer from one cigar to another.

You're fine. I keep my singles in a tray and the extras in some previously empty boxes.