• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Strange request...

Dude Love

Bacon aficionado
I found this little bastard crawling down the wall in the office room.
demonbugsml.jpg

It was no bigger than 1/4" and the two arms in front looked more like claws of death than antennas. Can anybody identify the demon bug? If it helps, I live in Northwest Ohio.

The body looks the same shape as a tick but, damn, those are some long front legs.

ETA:

I just typed: tick long front legs in google and found this.

Pseudoscorpions are small arthropods with a flat, pear-shaped body and pincers that resemble those of scorpions. They usually range from 2 to 8 mm (1⁄12 to ⅓ inch) in length.[1] The largest known species is Garypus titanius of Ascension Island at up to 12 mm.[2] [3]

The abdomen, known as the opisthosoma, is made up of twelve segments, each protected by plates (called tergites above and sternites below) made of chitin. The abdomen is short and rounded at the rear, rather than extending into a segmented tail and stinger like true scorpions. The color of the body can be yellowish-tan to dark-brown, with the paired claws often a contrasting color. They may have two, four or no eyes.[3]

A pseudoscorpion has eight legs with five to seven segments — the number of fused segments is used to distinguish families and genera. They have two very long palpal chelae (pedipalps or pincers) which strongly resemble the pincers found on a scorpion.

The pedipalps generally consist of an immobile "hand" and "finger", with a separate movable finger controlled by an adductor muscle. A venom gland and duct are usually located in the mobile finger; the poison is used to capture and immobilize the pseudoscorpion's prey. During digestion, pseudoscorpions pour a mildly corrosive fluid over the prey, then ingest the liquefied remains.

Pseudoscorpions spin silk from a gland in their jaws to make disk-shaped cocoons for mating, molting, or waiting out cold weather. Another trait they share with their closest relatives, the spiders, is breathing through spiracles. However, they do not have book lungs as most spiders do.

pseudoscorpion.jpg

I tried Googling for it but didn't think to look for kinds of ticks...either way, I'm not sleeping tonight. Thanks for finding the demon bug. :laugh:

Lol, I wouldn't be scared of it, they don't really go after people.

Lol, I wouldn't be scared of it, they don't really go after people.

It's not that I'm scared of bugs, it's just that I hate them. My house is already infested with tiny little spiders that like to run across the ceilings and drop onto the kitchen table and counter top whenever they damn well please.

Spiders on the ceiling! Crazy ticks of death on your walls! Get out while you can! You do know people (on average) eat 3 to 4 spiders and/or other bugs (i.e. cockroaches) a year when they crawl in our mouths while we're asleep right?

Eck!

Spiders on the ceiling! Crazy ticks of death on your walls! Get out while you can! You do know people (on average) eat 3 to 4 spiders and/or other bugs (i.e. cockroaches) a year when they crawl in our mouths while we're asleep right?

Eck!

Now there's some info I could do without. ;)

I just found one of these last week crawling on my office wall, and I did think it was some kind of micro scorpion with no tail... :laugh: never saw one before like that until this post!!!

we do have small scorpions runnin' around the woods out west here, so I wasn't too far fetched it appears!!

Thanks for the google info, thats exactly what I saw too :cool:

Try waking up at some odd hour of the morning to get a drink of water to find a damn scorpion on the floor. Happened again when I moved. I'm on the 2nd floor now and came home one day to find one in the living room. But gotta love Texas. I was out at my friends ranch once taking a shower, I looked up and there was one on the freaking shower wall. So fun. I always forget to check my shoes when i'm out there.