• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Stuffing Lady Dies

gandolf565

CP Wizard. Watch as I make this cigar disappear!
Reaction score
I for one am thankful for this womans efforts, stuffing is a nice change of pace , and without Stove Top it would be a pain in the arse to whip up a batch with my pork chops or whatever.

Stove Top Stuffing Creator Dies
Wednesday, November 23, 2005
Associated Press

EVANSVILLE, Ind. — The home economist who helped create Stove Top Stuffing has died.

Ruth Siems died Nov. 13 after suffering a heart attack in her home in Newburgh, Ind. She was 74.

Siems worked for General Foods for more than 30 years after graduating from Purdue University in 1953 with a degree in home economics.

She helped develop the formula for Stove Top in 1971 while working at General Foods' technical center in White Plains, N.Y.

Siems' brother, David, said she found that precise bread crumb size was the secret in developing an instant stuffing.

Kraft Foods, which now owns the Stove Top brand, sells about 60 million boxes of the five-minute stuffing each year around Thanksgiving.

Link: FoxNews.com story