• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Stupid newbie

I thought about posting this right after it happened, but I'm a little embarrassed by it and didn't want to air my stupidity. However, when I saw Doc was looking for someone to post something stupid, I knew I needed to come out of the closet on this one. Maybe my mistake can help save someone else.

My wife had planned a dinner party with some other couples we know. There were ten of us in all. I knew one of the other guys is a BOTL who's really into curly heads (his high-end smoke of choice), so I figured I would surprise him with something a little nicer; a Hemingway classic. Well, I didn't want to hand him a stick at dinner without at least asking if the other guys in the group might be smokers too. As it turns out they ALL were. So I grabbed a handful of Hemingway signatures for them and we went to dinner. So far, so good. I was happy to share with some other people I didn't know smoked. :thumbs:

After dinner, and more than a few drinks, we all headed back to my place to light up, and drink some more. I got the pleasure of bartending as I know where everything is, and told my wife to open up one of my ISOM humidors for our guests. My thought was that they would sample some of the smaller sticks I have multiples of. Did I voice what I was thinking? No. I said, "Save those Fuentes and pick out a CC."

Ten minutes later I walked out on the deck to join the group. There's my one and only Siglo being smoked, my only Vegas R. Beli, My only Mag. 50, and my only RASS. All of the sticks I had been saving. All ones I still have never tried myself. At least I didn't open the humi with the Opus. :blush:

I learned a lesson. I should have been clear. I should have offered up the smokes I had multiple of, or had already tried myself. At least they enjoyed them.

Live and learn.

Doc?

At least they didn't go back for seconds!
laugh.gif

What you should have done is make each and everyone of them hand write a review for you, at least then you would have had something to remember them by instead a pile of ash. :sign:

Ouch, painful lesson! Hopefully they didn't have too much age on them... Gives you an excuse to start over. Who knows, maybe they'll return the favor, you can always hope.

At least they probably thought, "Wow, what a great guy!", that is unless they didn't know what they were smoking!

It could have been worse. They could have lit up; puked on their shoes and wasted the cigars. You're lucky they enjoyed them.

Doc.

What you should have done is make each and everyone of them hand write a review for you, at least then you would have had something to remember them by instead a pile of ash. :sign:
I think they were drunk, so might not have been the best review. But, it would have been an entertaining read.

What Siglo was destroyed LFK?

On one hand you could consider yourself lucky to have enough CC's to occupy an entire humi!

I had a few friends over the other day to smoke and drink and as he was going through my vino he pulled out a ziplock bag that had my anejos, tat black/frank, and opus and he turned to me and said "are these special?" I said "YEP! But that box of Padron 2000's has your name all over it"

It seems your non-CC smoking friends are quite knowledgeable at CC as they picked some nice smokes.

These things happen, my wife made Cuba Libres with the Havana Club. I had left out the Bacardi and she thought it was the good stuff. It happens.

Go after them in civil court for theft of property and destruction of goods. That'll show em' to be your friends!!! :angry:

(I kid, I kid... :D)

Which one of them said: "I'm not really feeling the high i thought I was supposed to get while smoking a CC..." or "when does the buzz kick in?" :laugh:

Lesson #1: Never ask the wife to grab the humi to pass out cigars.

Lesson #2: Always supervise the selection of the cigars if being done from an open humi.

Lesson #3: Keep a humi especially for handouts and friends that don't smoke or don't smoke all the time.

Lesson #4: If you are not prepared to present the entire humi to the group make sure you have selected a variety of "approved" sticks and set them out for your friends.

Lesson #5: If not supervised friends who do not smoke will ALWAYS pick, albeit unwittingly, the most expensive sticks in the bunch.

This happened to me only a few weeks back when I went to play poker at a friends house. I had the travel humi packed and just grabbed it and went without checking what was in there. We were all hanging out and I said ... "help yourself guys" At the end of the night there was a Monte #2, a couple Opus, and some Fuente sticks all about half smoked and discarded. ARRRRRGH!

Oh well we live and learn and hopefully they thought to themselves, "Gee these are so much better than the Swishers and White Owls I have been smoking."

- Jason

Lesson #1: Never ask the wife to grab the humi to pass out cigars.

Yeah, You can always blame it on the wife...and use that as an excuse to restock what was destroyed. What did you smoke that night then?