• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Suggest me a good cigar, please.

andrewhac

Andrew Hac Nguyen
I posted this asking favor at another cigar board, CW, too. I hope you all BOTLs. don't mind me doing this. I am trying to get a lot of opinions if possible.

Please recommend me a good cigar that is in either natural, SG, corojo wrapper that is good to excellent. I would like a cigar that tastes medium strength, deep rich flavor, thick chewy smoke. I can only think of two that have done it for me in the past: La Luna Natural Fuerte P6, D.R TTT Trinidad 444. And I would like to keep the cost down to max of $100.00 per box. I am still searching for that holy grail, great cigar so that I can smoke them regularly instead trying a bunch of different things so far for the last 4 years and still have not found that great cigar yet.

Thanks in advance.

I posted this asking favor at another cigar board, CW, too. I hope you all BOTLs. don't mind me doing this. I am trying to get a lot of opinions if possible.

Please recommend me a good cigar that is in either natural, SG, corojo wrapper that is good to excellent. I would like a cigar that tastes medium strength, deep rich flavor, thick chewy smoke. I can only think of two that have done it for me in the past: La Luna Natural Fuerte P6, D.R TTT Trinidad 444. And I would like to keep the cost down to max of $100.00 per box. I am still searching for that holy grail, great cigar so that I can smoke them regularly instead trying a bunch of different things so far for the last 4 years and still have not found that great cigar yet.

Thanks in advance.

I would try Rocky Patel The Edge. You can get them in Toro size for $95 for 20 or you can get the missile size and get 25 for $105 from Famous. You would also probably like the RP Sungrowns, petite coronas can be picked up for $86 for 20 or robustos at $103 for 20. And if you look around you can pick up both the edge and sungrown as seconds for an even better price. Seconds from RP are just as good as firsts, they just have minor visual imperfections.

I love the Gurkha Legend, CHEWY AND TASTY! :thumbs:

I still haven't found the Holy Grail of Cigars in 10 years so good luck with that quest. :laugh:

Have you ever tried the Arturo Fuente Cuban Belicoso?

I have found some smokes I really like and some I can not stand. Mostly the Thompson brands.. Don't fall into their trap. They SUCK

Some of my favorites are Rp 90 and Sungrown

Romeo reserva real churchill YUM!!!!

on the rich side I like the Partigas black though I feel violated in some way after I am done.

I picked up a few Opus at casa Fuente a few weeks ago. I didnt follow the advice of a FOG and smoked one. Man it was kick ass. I will wait at least six Months to have another. They need to rest in the humi. The FOGs are right!

Listen to the FOGS man Listen to them.

My question is; when can I not be considered a NOOB?

Is it somokes consumed or time?

AF Sungrown Cuban Belicoso fit nearly all of your requirements.

They are usually about $115 a box though... But if you can find a good deal and stock-up then these just might do it for you.

Lol.. you didn't happen to look at the join date of the person you're speaking to, did you? :)

You'll need a time machine to go back and join in 2002 or so...

Aw man!!

So if I was an old guy, say like 70. I had been smoking cigars for 40 years. Just got a computer and joined this site.

Would I be a NOOB????

Lol.. you didn't happen to look at the join date of the person you're speaking to, did you? :)

You'll need a time machine to go back and join in 2002 or so...

Aw man!!

So if I was an old guy, say like 70. I had been smoking cigars for 40 years. Just got a computer and joined this site.

Would I be a NOOB????

Yes.

Tough crowd I chose to hang with....

So How long before I am considered not a noob?

How about if I smoke 5 a day for a year? :cool:

Tough crowd I chose to hang with....

So How long before I am considered not a noob?

How about if I smoke 5 a day for a year? :cool:
Don't be so worried about the "n00b/FOG" thing. Just smoke and enjoy your sticks!

BTW, the more you ask if you are a n00b, the more you look like one :rolleyes:

EDIT: Totally forgot to mention a cigar. I will third the Fuente Cuban Belicoso. They are sweet, chewy, and rich. Given them a whirl.

Say it with me: GRAN HABANO #5 COROJO!!!!!!! These can not be beaten at the price when it comes to the things you have described as desirable.

Padron 2000 or a 3000.

The A.F. Cuban Belicosos are a good suggestion as well, as are the Gran Habanos (once you let them sit a bit).

JHolmes...just curious, where in this thread do your two posts have anything to do with recommending him a stick? :whistling:

Oliva Serie G and as several have said, Padron 2000.

Seth

What's all this got to do with recommending a cigar to Andrewhac?

So then this question was aimed at whom then? Yourself? Just pontificating on the uselessness of your own "contributions" to this gentleman's initial query?
Bravo. Maybe next time you can perhaps muster up something of substance.

Padron 2000 or a 3000.

The A.F. Cuban Belicosos are a good suggestion as well, as are the Gran Habanos (once you let them sit a bit).

JHolmes...just curious, where in this thread do your two posts have anything to do with recommending him a stick?
:whistling:

I'll second all of what MC says...
You can't go wrong with the 2 or 3000's!!!

I still haven't found the Holy Grail of Cigars in 10 years so good luck with that quest. :laugh:

Have you ever tried the Arturo Fuente Cuban Belicoso?

There is your answer my friend! They are beautiful things.