• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

suggestions according to tastes?

Make Grant

i havent been doing the cigar thing very long, but i have been doing it a lot. ive tried a handful of brands, mostly in the below $10 range/stick.

i've tried hoyo de tradicion (my first), perdomo squared, perdomo lot 23, ashton maduro 60, nick's (by perdomo), punch, hoyo de monterrey excalibur, and a monte cristo (cant remember which)

the reason ive tried so few brands is because i regularly buy the hoyo de tradicion. the more brands i tried, the more this one seemed so...decadent (lack of a better term) compared to the others. the smoke is rich and smooth and there are no jarring moments like with other cigars.

brands i did not like were nick's and lot 23, which were dry and generally unpleasant- and punch, which was pretty harsh especially when sending smoke out through my nose

so, im wondering if i could get suggestions based on this. this way i can branch out logically instead of jumping around.

Padron, Tatuaje, Pepin, Litto Gomez, Fuente, Davidoff.

Doc.

Please take the time to use proper punctuation and capitalization - it is a basic rule of CigarPass and a simple gesture of respect for our community.

Explore the Padron line of cigars. The x000 series ( 2000, 3000 , 4000, etc.) are all the same blend, but different shapes & sizes. The PAN / PAM ( Padron Anniversary Natural / Padron Anniversary Maduro ) and the 1926 series are higher end & costlier , but they are great for a special occasion smoke if you find you like the x000 series.

^Will do...and thanks. I'm actually planning to pick up a couple of Padron 2000s this evening - one Maduro and one Natural. Those and an Arturo Fuente Cuban Corona if they have it.

Padron, Tatuaje, Pepin, Litto Gomez, Fuente, Davidoff.

Doc.
Quoted for truth. You can't go wrong with a Padron. La Flor Dominicana (Litto Gomez) is one of my favorite brands. Pepin Blue Labels are great for the price.

^Will do...and thanks. I'm actually planning to pick up a couple of Padron 2000s this evening - one Maduro and one Natural. Those and an Arturo Fuente Cuban Corona if they have it.

Can't go wrong with any of the cigars Doc suggested. Also try the Chateau Fuente sungrowns as well. One of the best $3-4 cigars around.

Thanks a lot guys, keep 'em coming.
I just found a new spot closer to my home. They don't carry Tatuaje, but I grabbed a Padron 2000, Arturo Fuente 858, and a La Aroma De Cuba Monarch (which I believe the guy said was made by Pepin).

I'll post my thoughts in the "Today's Smoke II" thread as soon as I try them.

From what you've said about the cigars you liked you prefer a smooth but flavorful smoke.

I think you'll like the Fuentes, for starters. Some of the Pepins may be too spicy for you, but not all. The Tats are only mildly spicy so you may go that far. The Oliva line may be the best next cigar to try. Try the G Cameroon line and the O maduro.

If you like Hoyo de Tradicions, try Oliva Master Blend III, and Casa Magna Colorado.

I'm with Doc, with the addition of Oliva G series for an economical addition.

Padrons X000 series, as already mentioned, is a fantastic bang for the buck smoke, if you like the profile.