• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Suggestions for low nicotine cigars?

des1517

Many years ago I had intestinal surgery and since then I have developed a sensitivity to nicotine. I never smoked for the nic hit anyway, but for the flavor, enjoyment, and relaxation. (I've had to quit pipes due to the nicotine strength.) I'm looking for recommendations for medium to full flavor cigars without a strong nicotine content. My go-to cigars are Fuentes 8-5-8 natural wrapper if that helps as a point of reference. I'd like to branch out a little, however. Suggestions?

Many years ago I had intestinal surgery and since then I have developed a sensitivity to nicotine. I never smoked for the nic hit anyway, but for the flavor, enjoyment, and relaxation. (I've had to quit pipes due to the nicotine strength.) I'm looking for recommendations for medium to full flavor cigars without a strong nicotine content. My go-to cigars are Fuentes 8-5-8 natural wrapper if that helps as a point of reference. I'd like to branch out a little, however. Suggestions?
Have you tried the Maduro or sun grown versions?
Off hand I’d suggest sticking with natural/Connecticut wrapper on a Dominican cigar but I also don’t think of that combination as Medium to Full.
have You tried. 2000 Padron natural?

You can also age some Fonseca, H Upmann and Por Larranaga, which have low nicotine, and medium to full flavor...

Thanks! I'm actually ok with the Padron 2000 natural. But some of their other offerings are too strong for me.

You can also age some Fonseca, H Upmann and Por Larranaga, which have low nicotine, and medium to full flavor...
Those are good ideas. I have had an H. Upmann in a long time. I have not tried the others. Thanks for the suggestion.

Ashton heritage puro sol is a great stick for flavor, yes a little more on the milder side but doesnt lack in flavor at all
Also the Symmetry from them as well has a little more medium/full profile with great flavor as well and if you like the Fuente products you would definitely like these considering they produce the Ashton line as well.

You know, I get confused on if the strength of a cigar is a direct result of the nicotine in it. I have heard folks debate the strength of a cigar verses the body or mouth feel of a cigar, but never the nicotine content. So for instance, if I had strong LFD does that also mean its loaded with nicotine?

You know, I get confused on if the strength of a cigar is a direct result of the nicotine in it. I have heard folks debate the strength of a cigar verses the body or mouth feel of a cigar, but never the nicotine content. So for instance, if I had strong LFD does that also mean its loaded with nicotine?
Hard to tell with LFD they tend to use a lot of "ligero" tobacco which makes the cigar stronger in body and in taste, and from what i know the "ligero" tobacco which comes from the top of the tobacco plant tends to have more nicotine content then rest of the leaves off of the plant.
But most of the time when people refer to body its how thick the smoke of the cigar is and how it gives a different mouth feel and generally when they talk about "strength" of the cigar that is when they are referring to the nicotine content.

I’d say your best bet would be to find cigars made up mostly of seco and volado leaves as a blend. Wrappers, stick to natural or shade grown.
A5109BBA-89C7-41D8-8C84-20079D3850CB.jpeg