• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Summer collection

brian29

Hey everyone,

Has anybody tried the RP 08 Summer Collection? Just came back from a local shop and picked up a couple of lanceros. Would like to know what everyone thinks about them. I think I may fire one up tomorrow, will post pics and a small review if I do.

Brian

Brian, I have not tried them, but I am not really a big RP fan. Where do you pick up your sticks?

I passed by Sabor Havana in Doral. Great place and great atmosphere. Jose was etremely helpful. They had about half a box of lanceros, half a box of toros and a couple of sixties.

I also spend a lot of time in a small shop on mainstreet(Havana 1950) I am there at least twice a week and as of this week will be hanging out on thursdays to play poker. Louis and his son Mike are the friendliest people around.

Brian

I have only smoked the Robusto, which I really liked. I thought it had a "fruity" character to it. I was fortunate enough to be smoking it while chatting with Rocky and he agreed that it had a "sweet" quality to it... although he looked at me like I was crazy when I mentioned "fruity". :laugh: ???

None the less, I would call it well balaced all around. It started off a bit peppery on the lips, then settled down into a solid smoke.

There are more releases to come featuring other seasonal blends. According to Rocky they will all be a one time release with different blends of limited production tobacco...

mac

Anyone got a pic. I like to see what they look like.

Smoked a few of the Robustos with Mac, Nick, & Danny. I agree with Mac, it is a good smoke, review to come soon.
Here's some pics to start you off -

gallery_5052_193_40245.jpg

gallery_5052_193_519.jpg

Thanks for the quick review mac! Thanks Rebel Herfer for the pics! Well I found some time to light one up today and as mac said it's a pretty good all around smoke. Nicely constructed, great draw. It has a well balanced peppery taste with a slight hint of sweetness. The band also seems to generate some attention to it. I would say its a medium to full body smoke. I look forward to the future seasonal blends Mr. Patel will be releasing. Below are some pics. Enjoy!

Picture004.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture.jpg

best regards,
Brian