• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sushi Party

ParaGod

Semper Fi
I am planning a sushi party this Thursday. What I want to know is.

1. Good sake for the party(From BevMo hopefully) warm and cold
2. Good Recipes for sushi
3. Hints on how to have a succesful party (things that you have done)

Thats it :thumbs: Thanks in advance.

ParaGod said:
I am planning a sushi party this Thursday.  What I want to know is.

1.  Good saki for the party(From BevMo hopefully) warm and cold
[snapback]195417[/snapback]​

The Japanese actually drink Sake warm only when it is cold outside; sort of a warm spirit for the winter. Sake should be served slightly chilled, like an English beer or a tad warmer than a white wine.

If you've had warmed sake in the USA, it's because you're drinking crappy sake, and they are trying to cover the taste.

If you don't know much about sake, I suggest you give the folks at True Sake a call and get their recommendation:

http://www.truesake.com/

They ship, they will be able to help you pick out some sake you will enjoy, and they get it all direct from Japan.

Try making some of the sushi with brown rice. Delicious, different, and healthy.

If you do salmon only use WILD salmon not farm raised.

Have fun!

My I suggest only wild-caught Alaskan salmon? We appreciate your support.

One of my favorite sushi morsels, if you can get it, is the inside-out Alaska Roll, made with king crab.

I'm also fond of plum wine for the dessert course.

Aloha Mike!

Definitely stick with the premium sakes that are to be enjoyed slightly chilled. The three classes of sake you should stick with are:

Honjozo/Junmai (good)
Ginjo/Junmai Ginjo (better)
Daiginjo/Junmai Daiginjo (best)

Some of my favorite brands are Hakkaisan Honjozo, Kuboto Senjyu, Dewazakura Dewa33, Okunomatsu.

Have a great time at the sushi party!

Aloha,

Wade

Lumberg said:
If you do salmon only use WILD salmon not farm raised.

Have fun!
[snapback]195471[/snapback]​
the wild salmon is the best. spicy tuna, yellow tail and big eye are some of my favorite sushi treats. also, i have had one called the "die hard", white rice, sesame seed, kelp wrap with spicy tuna, cream cheese,asparagus, wasabi, and a habanero pepper slice in the wrap. made my lips numb for a little while. and always provide a california roll for the non adventerous sushi types. and serve plenty of saki!!! good luck, sounds like a blast!

You can't go wrong w/ the Spicy tuna. My favorite is the Spider Roll. Good shiz. Good luck on the party, sounds fun.

I like all the suggestions, and a belated hi to Wade and Brian. :D

Now I have never tried brown rice, it does sound interesting, I just might try some tomorrow and see how it tasted. Thanks Lumberg :thumbs:

As to the sake, I will goto BevMo and pick up what Wade suggested. :thumbs:

Sake at BevMo

As to the Tuna, I love the stuff, the only problem is finding sushi grade Tuna.