• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Swishers vs. Cigarettes?

cessna16

In response to a former question of mine someone stated that Swisher Sweets were cleverly disguised cigarettes, is this true? It was my impression that Cigarillos were just small cigars.

Cigarillos are small cigars, S.S. also makes "little cigars" that come in packs of twenty, in many flavors. Why they are often refered to as cigarettes is because they have a filter, are the same size as a one hundred cigarette, and are avaliable in menthol. Obviously they have a filter so you can inhale them. Hope I cleared that up for you.

Swisher Sweets != cigarillos or cigars

edit: I consider swishers one step below acids.

I started smoking Swishers in High School, mainly to cover the smell of something else. I started buying them by the box but that quickly turned to cartons of cigarettes. Haven't smoked a Swisher in yrs until a friend talked me into trying a strawbery one, OMG :0 did it suck! Threw it out immediatley and started talking shit to my friend. Now I only like premium cigars and Cuban cigarettes.

Cigarettes are the first step to self acceptance.......if people will accept you while smoking such a vile thing you are okay. Swishers are step two!

I started smoking Swishers in High School, mainly to cover the smell of something else. I started buying them by the box but that quickly turned to cartons of cigarettes. Haven't smoked a Swisher in yrs until a friend talked me into trying a strawbery one, OMG :0 did it suck! Threw it out immediatley and started talking shit to my friend. Now I only like premium cigars and Cuban cigarettes.

Haha, same here as far as high school went.

My fiance they other day told me a funny story. I asked her what some of her most popular non-cigarette tobacco products where. She told me that it was Swisher Sweets grape flavored cigars. Then she floored me with these
904923_Large.jpg

These have taken over the number one spot :cool:

In response to a former question of mine someone stated that Swisher Sweets were cleverly disguised cigarettes, is this true? It was my impression that Cigarillos were just small cigars.

No, that's not really a true statement cessna, I think the poster was just yanking your chain. I too used to smoke Swishers a LONG time ago :laugh: but since I started smoking what most of us feel are "real cigars" meaning ones that are rolled with real tobacco for a wrapper and generally not machine made or what many here call "gas station cigars" (ones like White Owls that are wrapped with a fairly disgusting manufactured wrapper).

Early in my cigar "career" i bought a pack of swishers and decided to perform an autopsy(sp?) on the last cigarillo in the pack and found a gross result. I found a wrapper that could be cigar leaf, although I'm not convinced, short filler, and a nicotine-soaked piece of cardboard for binder. Think about construction paper with dots of nicotine on it for the visual. After that experience, I swore off gas station cigars. If you go to your local shop and find tins of cigarillos made by major "hand rolled" brands, you will probably get an all tobacco, yet machine made cigar. Black and Milds might have a filter in that disgusting plastic pipe they all have, but I have never checked. IMHO, swisher just ain't worth it. Oh, and they taste bad to me now too.

i bought a pack of swishers and decided to perform an autopsy(sp?) on the last cigarillo...short filler, and a nicotine-soaked piece of cardboard for binder. Think about construction paper with dots of nicotine on it for the visual.

that sounds delightful!!

machine made brands tend to have Homogenized Tobacco Leaf for binding/wrapping. Its basically pulped leaf thats made into huge industrial reams of paper and then slotted into the machine. Easiest way to spot it is through a lack of veins and very dry texture (the natural oils of the leaf are totally drained in the process)

I always Swishers were made with the ground up leaves that are used as TP in the bathrooms of Honduran gas stations. You laugh but thats why they put the sweet wrapper on 'em, to cover the crap taste.