• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Swiss Man Flies over Channel with Jet Wing

stevehawk

'Member? C'mon you 'member!
Pretty cool!

Excerpt: A Swiss daredevil crossed the English Channel strapped to a homemade jet-propelled wing Friday, parachuting into a field near the white cliffs of Dover after a 10-minute solo flight.

Here's a link to the article, be sure to check out the video.

Article on Yahoo

Freakin' amazing...

You buy 4 RC jet engines at about 4-6k each, design and fabricate a wing, and then trust your engineering and jet engines designed for RC jets to fly your butt around! :p no thanks

definitely amazing, but 10 to 1 says this guy ends up dying doing this stuff. He's been around for a couple years since the rc jet engines have gotten so amazingly powerful

Not too long ago a guy with those type of wings wound up kissing the side of a mountain. Not too bright an endeavour.

Not too long ago a guy with those type of wings wound up kissing the side of a mountain. Not too bright an endeavour.
This is the same guy...not sure about "kissing the side of a mountain" though. Another member here posted this a few months ago....

LINK

Then his warm-up flight for the English Channel flight was this one....

LINK

A German company had a prototype of a personal jet about a year or so ago...

LINK

Still cool though!

Saw this on Discovery/TLC/Science channel last night (I forget which channel), pretty damn cool, but as with any new technology, there will be failures. Let's hope the failure doesn't result in a death though. If someone would design a real Ironman suit, that would truly be cool.
Rob

I have a perma-grin after watching that! :D Sign me up!

FWIW - I think the adrenaline rush would far outweigh the embarassment of the skidmark in my shorts when I'd first jump out of the plane with that thing straped to my back. ;)