• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tabak "Especial" Robusto Negra ( Coffee Infusion ?)

LedZep

Good Morning Fellow BOTL's ..

I hope you have all had an enjoyable weekend so far.. It's Sunday and the weather here is showing its going to be a nice day
A nice day to fix the 85% flat tire my wife has been oblivious to for who knows how long. .. As she says.. "That's what I have you for"..

Isn't it nice to be needed?

I bought this stick in a sampler pack quite sometime ago.. I kinda put it aside as I have found myself not to be too fond of "flavored" or "infused" cigars .. Some of the Acid's I have tried were rather unique and I didn't see myself smoking these with any regularity.. maybe once in a while for change of pace, I still have a few in my smaller humidor. I keep them separate from my other sticks as not to have any unknown flavor mixes I didn't ask for..
I think I paid about $5 for this stick when averaged out in the sampler pack cost.

I came home from Church and picked this out of the box to enjoy with a cup of coffee.. I usually don't drink coffee with smokes I am trying for the first time.. I like to give the cigar an unbiased review that is unaffected by what I am drinking.. But this already claimed to have a "Coffee Infusion", So I figured I would see how they well they went to togther..

This cigar was not like the Drew Estate Acid's I have tried in many respects.

gallery_10867_1257_64984.jpg

1) Construction - Very Nice.. A beautiful and shiny wrap with hardly any noticable veins. This cigar smelled very nice right out of the cellophane.
No overpowering perfume or scented tobacco odors. A slight armoma of coffee, earth and was noticed and it was actually kind of pleasant.
This is also the first "shaggy" foot smoke from Drew Estates I have tried.

2) I took the first line of the cap off this stick and toasted the shag on the foot.. It easily Lit and burned very evenly all the way through. I did not have to touch-up or use the lighter again after the toast.
This smoke drew very nicely, with little to no effort. This was nicely built.
The first few puffs had feint hints of coffee, cocoa or mocha , earth and something like roasted nuts.. It really complimented the coffee I sipped after the first drag.

3) Taste-
1/3rd - Extremely smooth and a nice tobacco taste. The cap was a bit sweetened, However , it was much different then the "nutrasweet" nasty that some of the other Acid's have. It quickly disappeared with a few deliberate licks, and no nasty aftertaste.
This is a major difference from other Drew Estates I have smoked. There were just hints of roasted coffee and that mystery creamy nut taste which I couldn't put my finger on "yet" There was a pleasant scent and tingle threw the nose..
This tasted pretty decent and I did not regret my choice of cigar this morning.

2/3rd - Very Dense and Rich Very Creamy smoke.. Rich and a somewhat complex taste of tobacco, coffee , cocoa and the hinting nutty wiffs I would get occasionally made me think of Christmas time.. It was now starting to reveal itself as sort of Chestnut.. I would also get a little spicy bang on the release of the smoke , Like cinnamon or something.. Subtle, But noticable.
I didnt mind it.. This "coffee infused" cigar was nice with the coffee I was drinking.
3/3rd - More spice, a little pepper.. Maybe some caramel or brown sugar wiffs seemed to come into play.. Not sweet at all though..
I felt ready to ask my wife to bake a pumpkin pie after tasting this part of the stick. LOL.
Honestly, I think that this smoke would taste great with a pumpkin pie slice along with the coffee.

I must also note- This cigar was giving me quite the nicotine BUZZ at this point. This is something I do not usually experience. I must admit... It was kind of nice. Not a headrush.. Just a nice and noticable little "Hum"..

The Nub- Very Nice. A little more intense flavors that were present at the 2/3 mark and they mixed together nicely. A slight creamy coating on the roof of my mouth was matching nice with my now "cool" cup of coffee.

Conclusion-
This is a nice cigar construction wise, burn wise, and as for taste.. I would certainly do another one of these .....with a good cup of coffee.
I think Drew Estates did what they set out to do with this one.

If you are a coffee drinker, and want to give a try to this stick.. I am sure you would enjoy the experience and have a similiar sentiment.
Not bad at all.

I don't think I would by a box of these, But I would not shun or avoid them either if I found another in any samplers I might buy. Just keeping in mind what I'd be willing to smoke them with as a beverage.

Thanks for taking a minute to read my newbie review, Please feel free to add a comment, suggestion or your opinion of this Tabak Especial Cigar.

I probably will light another different stick up later this afternoon.. Dunno what It will be.. But if it is something I haven't smoked before.. I'll post another review.( time permitting)

Have a great day... and catch you in a while

Led

Good review, I've been curious about these since they came out. Looks like I'll have to pick one up next time I swing through the Paiute smoke shop here in town, I think that's the only place I've seen them.

Great Review! I pick one of these up from time to time. I tend to pick them up more for my wife. She likes these and AF Short Story's. I will smoke one on occasion though.

Just finished one of these about an hour ago---really enjoyed it from end to end--that doesn't happen often--it was a good review! And my wife uses AAA for flats<sf>

Good Morning Fellow BOTL's ..

I hope you have all had an enjoyable weekend so far.. It's Sunday and the weather here is showing its going to be a nice day
A nice day to fix the 85% flat tire my wife has been oblivious to for who knows how long. .. As she says.. "That's what I have you for"..

Isn't it nice to be needed?

I bought this stick in a sampler pack quite sometime ago.. I kinda put it aside as I have found myself not to be too fond of "flavored" or "infused" cigars .. Some of the Acid's I have tried were rather unique and I didn't see myself smoking these with any regularity.. maybe once in a while for change of pace, I still have a few in my smaller humidor. I keep them separate from my other sticks as not to have any unknown flavor mixes I didn't ask for..
I think I paid about $5 for this stick when averaged out in the sampler pack cost.

I came home from Church and picked this out of the box to enjoy with a cup of coffee.. I usually don't drink coffee with smokes I am trying for the first time.. I like to give the cigar an unbiased review that is unaffected by what I am drinking.. But this already claimed to have a "Coffee Infusion", So I figured I would see how they well they went to togther..

This cigar was not like the Drew Estate Acid's I have tried in many respects.

gallery_10867_1257_64984.jpg

1) Construction - Very Nice.. A beautiful and shiny wrap with hardly any noticable veins. This cigar smelled very nice right out of the cellophane.
No overpowering perfume or scented tobacco odors. A slight armoma of coffee, earth and was noticed and it was actually kind of pleasant.
This is also the first "shaggy" foot smoke from Drew Estates I have tried.

2) I took the first line of the cap off this stick and toasted the shag on the foot.. It easily Lit and burned very evenly all the way through. I did not have to touch-up or use the lighter again after the toast.
This smoke drew very nicely, with little to no effort. This was nicely built.
The first few puffs had feint hints of coffee, cocoa or mocha , earth and something like roasted nuts.. It really complimented the coffee I sipped after the first drag.

3) Taste-
1/3rd - Extremely smooth and a nice tobacco taste. The cap was a bit sweetened, However , it was much different then the "nutrasweet" nasty that some of the other Acid's have. It quickly disappeared with a few deliberate licks, and no nasty aftertaste.
This is a major difference from other Drew Estates I have smoked. There were just hints of roasted coffee and that mystery creamy nut taste which I couldn't put my finger on "yet" There was a pleasant scent and tingle threw the nose..
This tasted pretty decent and I did not regret my choice of cigar this morning.

2/3rd - Very Dense and Rich Very Creamy smoke.. Rich and a somewhat complex taste of tobacco, coffee , cocoa and the hinting nutty wiffs I would get occasionally made me think of Christmas time.. It was now starting to reveal itself as sort of Chestnut.. I would also get a little spicy bang on the release of the smoke , Like cinnamon or something.. Subtle, But noticable.
I didnt mind it.. This "coffee infused" cigar was nice with the coffee I was drinking.
3/3rd - More spice, a little pepper.. Maybe some caramel or brown sugar wiffs seemed to come into play.. Not sweet at all though..
I felt ready to ask my wife to bake a pumpkin pie after tasting this part of the stick. LOL.
Honestly, I think that this smoke would taste great with a pumpkin pie slice along with the coffee.

I must also note- This cigar was giving me quite the nicotine BUZZ at this point. This is something I do not usually experience. I must admit... It was kind of nice. Not a headrush.. Just a nice and noticable little "Hum"..

The Nub- Very Nice. A little more intense flavors that were present at the 2/3 mark and they mixed together nicely. A slight creamy coating on the roof of my mouth was matching nice with my now "cool" cup of coffee.

Conclusion-
This is a nice cigar construction wise, burn wise, and as for taste.. I would certainly do another one of these .....with a good cup of coffee.
I think Drew Estates did what they set out to do with this one.

If you are a coffee drinker, and want to give a try to this stick.. I am sure you would enjoy the experience and have a similiar sentiment.
Not bad at all.

I don't think I would by a box of these, But I would not shun or avoid them either if I found another in any samplers I might buy. Just keeping in mind what I'd be willing to smoke them with as a beverage.

Thanks for taking a minute to read my newbie review, Please feel free to add a comment, suggestion or your opinion of this Tabak Especial Cigar.

I probably will light another different stick up later this afternoon.. Dunno what It will be.. But if it is something I haven't smoked before.. I'll post another review.( time permitting)

Have a great day... and catch you in a while

Led

Nice review! Keep 'em coming. I've smoked one of these before and thought it to be a decent smoke, though the Isla Del Sol that Drew Estate also makes is a much better 'bang for your buck' imho. I'm not sure I like spending around $5 a stick for an infused cigar. The Isla Del Sol is also coffee infused, but at closer to $2 a stick, and my wife likes them as much as the Tabaks.

As much as I tell myself I will never smoke a flavored cigar, I am tempted.