• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Take A Picture Contest (2)

jsm11

Secret Squirrel
Well, it's been a while since I've been on the site regularly and finally getting freed up. Master's is complete, Job is still taking a ton of hours, but the nights and weekends are largely free again. Judging by the look of things, we need a good contest...

It's been a busy and awesome year, new people, new places, and new successes.

To celebrate the new year, I want to see a sunset or sunrise for your area of the world.

Rules:
  • Picture must be taken within the Month of December.
  • (2) entries / submissions per person allowed
  • It must be your picture
All submissions by December 31st @ 12:00pm

What do you get?
Winner = (5) Dog Rockets
Runner Up 1 = (3) Dog Rockets
Runner Up 2 = (2) Dog Rockets

Trust me, the dog Rockets are worth your time...

How the winner will be chosen:
The Winner will be chosen by random, each submission will receive a number and then the numbers will be put into a random generator.

Runner Up 1:
Best Picture IMO, Bonus points may be awarded if it happens to have a Cigar, Beer, Spirits, Wine, etc. in it…

Runner Up 2:
2nd Best Picture IMO, Bonus points may be awarded if it happens to have a Cigar, Beer, Spirits, Wine, etc. in it…

Who can play:

Entry is open to all Members new and old alike.
Entry is limited to those in good standing on the board.
If you’re an A-Hole, you know the deal…. I’m not likely to pick you, please don't enter.

If I’m forgetting something, please let me know and I’ll edit the thread accordingly…

Here's my first one...heading into work last week:

IMG_9481.jpg

Looking forward to the pics, I'll try and get a good one. I enjoyed this last time.

Well, it's been a while since I've been on the site regularly and finally getting freed up. Master's is complete, Job is still taking a ton of hours, but the nights and weekends are largely free again. Judging by the look of things, we need a good contest...

It's been a busy and awesome year, new people, new places, and new successes.

To celebrate the new year, I want to see a sunset or sunrise for your area of the world.

Rules:
  • Picture must be taken within the Month of December.
  • (2) entries / submissions per person allowed
  • It must be your picture
All submissions by December 31st @ 12:00pm

What do you get?
Winner = (5) Dog Rockets
Runner Up 1 = (3) Dog Rockets
Runner Up 2 = (2) Dog Rockets

Trust me, the dog Rockets are worth your time...

How the winner will be chosen:
The Winner
will be chosen by random, each submission will receive a number and then the numbers will be put into a random generator.

Runner Up 1:
Best Picture IMO, Bonus points may be awarded if it happens to have a Cigar, Beer, Spirits, Wine, etc. in it…

Runner Up 2:
2nd Best Picture IMO, Bonus points may be awarded if it happens to have a Cigar, Beer, Spirits, Wine, etc. in it…

Who can play:

Entry is open to all Members new and old alike.
Entry is limited to those in good standing on the board.
If you’re an A-Hole, you know the deal…. I’m not likely to pick you, please don't enter.

If I’m forgetting something, please let me know and I’ll edit the thread accordingly…

Here's my first one...heading into work last week:

That's a cool picture. Even though it's a still, it looks like it's full of motion. What kind of camera did you use?

That's a cool picture. Even though it's a still, it looks like it's full of motion. What kind of camera did you use?

Lol, Galaxy Note 4 in my left hand at 70mph while I raced towards work...

It does do a decent job, planning to take the dslr off-roading this weekend if the sun is out and grab a sunset...

Which dlsr do you have? I have a d5100 and considering upgrading to the d5500.

Which dlsr do you have? I have a d5100 and considering upgrading to the d5500.

An older T1i, I'm on the Canon side of things... Started in HS w/ a AE1 and currently kitted out with telephoto, macro, fisheye.

I've actually been looking quite a bit this year and the 7000 seems like the best enthusiast camera ever made...

An older T1i, I'm on the Canon side of things... Started in HS w/ a AE1 and currently kitted out with telephoto, macro, fisheye.

I've actually been looking quite a bit this year and the 7000 seems like the best enthusiast camera ever made...

I've had the D7000 for several years now -- upgraded from the D5000. I still love that camera more and more every time I take it out of the bag. I don't think you will ever outgrow it unless you are a pro photog, and even then I know someone who relies on a 7000 to shoot live concert photos and makes a good bit of money with a "prosumer" platform. I don't think you'd be disappointed. You can find a body pretty cheap nowadays and build from there as far as glass goes. I have a friend with the 7100, and she says for the hobbyist she doesn't see that big of a difference.

Got some nice pics all, thanks for sharing!

One more day!

Too cloudy for a sunrise today so you'll have to take my word on it. This was "first light". 15 degrees and the last day of 2015? I had to have one last CC. Even in terrible conditions this thing still tastes great.