• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Taking the 'Cancer' Out of Tobacco

To err is human, to smoke, divine.
http://www.redorbit.com/news/science/13015...ogen/index.html

Who'll volunteer to smoke the first cancer-less cigar? ;)

But seriously.. is this a glimmer of hope toward blowing a massive hole in the anti-tobacco movement? :thumbs:

"Dewey and Lewis add that nothing else in the plant changed – growth or resistance to insects or disease, for example – after they knocked out this specific gene." An indicator that it will taste just as good?

I sure hope this works out. I absoutely love our hobby and would without a doubt smoke a cigar a day if it weren't for their possible harmful effects. Could cigars that cannot cause cancer be created within our lifetime?? I sure as hell hope so!!!

If nothing else changed I'd be all for it. I'm not really concerned about the very slight risk in cigar smoking at the rate I enjoy it, but if it were eliminated entirely I guess it would be a bonus.

It won't do anything to curb the smoking bans and the like though. That's all "you annoy me, go away" kind of stuff.

Insurance guys do not penalize you severely for one, even two cigars a day...regarded as minimum risk...I'm in that category so it has to be true. :sign:

Brian

Insurance guys do not penalize you severely for one, even two cigars a day...regarded as minimum risk...I'm in that category so it has to be true. :sign:

Brian

X2 I'm in the same category.