• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tarazona XTC Torpedo

J-Rod

Well, the owner of Tarazona was at my local B&M today, and let me try an XTC Torpedo. Tarazona is based out of Lynchburg, VA. I had never heard of them until today. But, I will definitely be recommending them in the future!

Wrapper: Nicaraguan Sun-Grown Corojo
Filler: Nicaraguan
Binder: Nicaraguan

The smell of this cigar was great as soon as I pulled it out of the wrapper. After cutting, the draw was a bit tight, but loosened up nicely. This cigar had great flavor right from the get-go. Having just had a Padron 2000 Natural right before this, it was an excellent chance to compare two Nicaraguan cigars, one right after the other. And let me tell you, this cigar had no problem standing up against the 2000. It had a great, smooth, toasty flavor to it. I would describe it as medium bodied. The flavors stayed relatively the same throughout, although it had a bit of extra spice right at the beginning. The cigar smelled great throughout as well, with a lovely scent of baked bread in the air.

If you like Nicaraguan cigars, I would highly recommend giving this a try.

www.tarazonacigar.com is their website, and you can check on there to see if there is a B&M in your area that carries their cigars.

Tarazona Cigars is located in Hialeah Gardens, FL off of Okeechobee Rd. Eddie the owner has a home in Lynchburg, VA as his son plays for Virginia Tech Football (he is the starting QB for the Hokies). I know this because Eddie goes to the same cigar lounge as me in Weston, FL where he actually lives. Hope this clarifies things. By the way his cigars are awesome.

Thaks for the heads up review. Any cigar that compares well to a Padron 2000 is worth a try, IMHO.