• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Target is Anti USA

sleepyjim

Vet and dam proud of it!
This is bull and I will never shop at Target again!

Jim

Dick Forrey of the Vietnam Veterans Association

Recently we asked the local TARGET store to be a proud sponsor of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall during our spring recognition event.

We received the following reply from the local TARGET management: "Veterans do not meet our area of giving. We only donate to the arts, social action groups, gay &lesbian causes, and education."

So I'm thinking, if the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall and veterans in general do not meet their donation criteria, then something is really wrong at this TARGET store. We were not asking for thousands of dollars, not even hundreds, just a small sponsorship for a memorial remembrance.

As a follow-up, I e-mailed the TARGET U.S. corporate headquarters and their response was the same. That's their national policy.

Then I looked into the company further. They will not allow the Marines to collect for 'Toys for Tots' at any of their stores. And during the recent Iraq deployment, they would not allow families of employees who were called up for active duty to continue their insurance coverage while they were on military service. Then as I dig further, TARGET is a French-owned corporation.

Now, I'm thinking again. If TARGET can not support American Veterans, then why should I and my family support their stores by spending our hard earned American dollars and to have their profits sent to France. Without the American Vets, where would France be today?

Feel free to pass this along to whomever you want.

Response:

Dear James,

Thank you for allowing us to respond to the misinformation that is being
circulated about Target and our support of veterans and the Vietnam Wall.

In March of 2002, an Indiana veteran in Howard County asked one of our
stores for a $100 cash donation to support a display of the "moving wall."
While our stores are not able to give cash contributions to any
organization, they are able to make limited contributions in the form of a
GiftCard. Our corporate giving program is handled through a grants based
process. To be eligible to receive a grant from Target, an organization
must meet tax-exempt guidelines. The veteran neither asked for nor did we
decline any request for a simple sponsorship or the use of the Target name.

Target has many established partnerships with veterans' organizations.
Target Corporation will also be one of the sponsors of the national 2003
tour of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund's outreach initiative, "The Wall
That Heals." "The Wall That Heals" is a traveling Vietnam Veterans
memorial and museum that has a strong educational component for schools and
also serves to honor all our veterans. For more information about Target's
support of veterans and "The Wall That Heals", please visit the national
Veterans of Foreign Wars on their website at www.vfw.org/news/target.htm.

Thank you again for taking the time to write. Target appreciates your
interest and the opportunity to personally explain to you about our ongoing
commitment to all veterans.

Sincerely,

Jennifer Hanson
Group Team Leader
Guest Relations

I hope you either delete or severely edit your post.

Posting things without doing any research is not a good idea under most circumstances and when it involves slander even less so.

Please read the link.

Target

As I read the original message that Jim posted, I began to get angry, as I thnk most Target Shoppers would. But I am not one to just accept what I read. So I did what I ALWAYS do in these cases..... I Googled the title of the quoated post "Dick Forrey of the Vietnam Veterans Association". This search took all of 30 seconds and returned a lot of hits from Hoax sites. I read a couple and then I felt better about being a Target Shopper and decided that in this thread I would try to drive home the idea of Reasearching such a post, before hitting the "Add Reply" button. Then I read a little further and saw AVBs post and said to myself, do I even need to respond? My answer was NO, but I wanted to anyway.

Brothers and Sisters...I hate telling someone something they posted is just plain wrong, so I implore you to use the word "Google" as a Verb!

"Google It"

No offence intended Jim, if you had been right, we would all be thanking you for opening our eyes. :thumbs:

***No Department Stores were harmed during the making of this post***

Michael aka: TargetDawg

Yes, unfortunately that Target-slamming email has been passed around the net a few times, kinda like the JDBGMGR.EXE virus hoax that I'm sure many of you have seen as well.

I love these people who have nothing better to do than make crap up :(

coventrycat86 said:
I love these people who have nothing better to do than make crap up :(
Yes, that really pisses me off too. I'd like to see them locked up along with the psychos that write computer viruses :angry:

I don't believe this bash against TARGET. After the the WTC 9/11 disaster, the TARGET company supported NYC and the rescuers. Every FDNY facility (and probably NYPD) was given XMAS trees, decorations for all holidays during the 2001 and 2002 season, gift cards, and other stuff to help make the holidays a little brighter. It just doesn't seem they would be like this. ;)

I'm glad you did post it. I recieved your post in an email from my grandmother a few weeks back. I wasn't sure if it was true. Now I have to go email her and let her know the truth. Makes you wonder who starts these urban legends and why.