• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tarnishing some ones reputation

The Master

Before you go and tarnish someones reputation you had better know what you are talking about. I have seen many newbies over the years say so and so sold me fakes when in fact they were just crappy cigars from Cuba. These newbies have little if any experience with Cuban cigars and have no business saying people like Wal Baranow sells fake cigars. Wal Baranow does not sell fake cigars as Kingrat has been telling people. He is a great tobacconist whose reputation is beyond reproach.

Over the years I have seen almost everything when it comes to pathetic quality control from Cubas factories. In 1998 thousands of boxes were stamped FP9 when it was supposed to be FPG. I have seen cabs of 50 cigars where 99 percent were plugged beyond belief. I have seen ten different color variations in a box of 25 cigars. I have seen cigars be half an inch short in a real box.

Cubas quality control sucks, expect the unexpected and before you go around saying someone is selling fakes research the issue and speak to some old guys who have been around and know what is what.

With all due respect Master. I did not name any one in particular. I just mentioned the region where the cigars came from and I left it to the forum members to PM me and ask me directly whom it was. Just like you did. I gave detailed description of what was wrong with the cigars and it was my judgment that there was something majorly wrong with the cigars after I had done my research regarding the source, nature of isoms cigars in most cases and finally taste test of Good Vs. Bad.

I am not trying to tarnish anyone’s rep or business. I am just writing about my experience with the questioned cigars. I felt that it was my duty to share my experience with you guys and nothing else. Furthermore, my original post was regarding "Sick Period". Therefore, I was looking for answers.

I did many hours of search on googles groups regarding the source and I came across many postings that people had issues from the same region and many people just like your self defended the region and source.

Regards,

If Wal is indeed the source in question here, call him, he is more than willing to admit a problem and take care of it. Exhaust all options before making it public. I know Wal very well and I've even had a problem or two with his cigars, but have always been taken care of.

Great King Rat said:
I felt that it was my duty to share my experience with you guys.....

I did many hours of search on googles groups regarding the source......
[snapback]241019[/snapback]​

ROFLMAO! But Harris, he googled his information...surely he can't be wrong. :0 ;)

Speaking of Google, it would be a shame if this topic thread got indexed. I doubt, regardless of validity, that anyone wants this source associated with fake ISOMs in the search engines.

Just my .2 cents.

I got the box of bad cigars not you guys. Therefore, it is up to me how I will handle the situation.

In my defense, I did not name a business or a person. I did not publicly castrate anyone like you guys are trying to do to me.

I have gone through the right channels and I got/found answers that I did not like.

Anyhow, you guys can blame the bad cigars on my newbieness.

As far as I am concerned mods could delete the whole post.

I have nothing more to add. It appears I am wasting my time.

Regards,

The Master said:
Over the years I have seen almost everything when it comes to pathetic quality control from Cubas factories. In 1998 thousands of boxes were stamped FP9 when it was supposed to be FPG. I have seen cabs of 50 cigars where 99 percent were plugged beyond belief. I have seen ten different color variations in a box of 25 cigars. I have seen cigars be half an inch short in a real box.

Cubas quality control sucks, expect the unexpected and before you go around saying someone is selling fakes research the issue and speak to some old guys who have been around and know what is what.
[snapback]240983[/snapback]​

I agree with Master, I have had my fair share of poor "Real" Cuban cigars. Quality control is better then it was 5 years ago but still sucks when compared to brands like Fuente or Padron. Personally, I feel that 75% of Cuban cigars wouldn't even sell if it wasn't for the "Cuban Embargo Allure."

That being said, if your willing to pay $20 a stick and are patient enough to wait a few years some Cuban sticks are very good. I have access to all their cigars but rarely buy them because of quality and price issues. Also, I am of the opinion that a cigar should be smokable off the rack. What's the point in going into a store and buying a single if you have to lay it down for 2-3 years ... Thank God for two guys named Carlos!

Why you editing your posts King Rat? If you're slamming the guy, why not just own up to what you say and stop taking it out.

If Harris and Matt both say he's a standup guy, that's reason enough for me.

What I took out was not a slam to the source. It was regarding Google search " Google serach does not lie" and I also fixed a spelling.

Get your facts right.

King, I am not trying to mess with you, lynch you or take you down. All I am trying to do is let you know that before you go telling people in PM's that someone is selling fakes, you should check with some old guys first.

What you did was just a newbie mistake, I have no reason to believe it was done malicously. I don't want you to think I am trying to run you off or anything like that. It was just a mistake on your part.

The Master said:
King, I am not trying to mess with you, lynch you or take you down. All I am trying to do is let you know that before you go telling people in PM's that someone is selling fakes, you should check with some old guys first.

What you did was just a newbie mistake, I have no reason to believe it was done malicously. I don't want you to think I am trying to run you off or anything like that. It was just a mistake on your part.
[snapback]241137[/snapback]​

Ditto..... no reason to get your panties (or if you're like me, your thong) in a bunch. What you did was not wrong, just a bit misguided.

Matt R said:
The Master said:

Ditto..... no reason to get your panties (or if you're like me, your thong) in a bunch. What you did was not wrong, just a bit misguided.
[snapback]241155[/snapback]​

I think Brandon's the one who's got his undies in a wad... He ALWAYS does that, the friggen tiara wearin' bastid!!! :rolleyes:

Lee said:
Count backwards from 10...... ;)
[snapback]241160[/snapback]​
/threadjackon
Wow ... this is like the third post I have read from you that has really suprised me. I am wondering if someone hijacked your login, if you have been possessed by some alternate spirit, if you are taking anger management classes, or if the dog is just the thing you needed in your house.

Whatever it is --> Kudos! :thumbs:
/threadjackoff

I know I am new to isoms and I never claimed I know everything there is to know.

Next time I will hold off judgement until I am 100% sure.

What is the differance between panties and thung? :laugh:

ggiese said:
Matt R said:
The Master said:

I think Brandon's the one who's got his undies in a wad... He ALWAYS does that, the friggen tiara wearin' bastid!!! :rolleyes:
[snapback]241162[/snapback]​

You said you liked it when my undies were in a wad :laugh:

Great King Rat said:
I know I am new to isoms and I never claimed I know everything there is to know.

Next time I will hold off judgement until I am 100% sure.

What is the differance between panties and thung? :laugh:
[snapback]241166[/snapback]​

Panties provide not only full coverage, but also provide the opportunity for a fun-filled wedgie, when not quite sized correctly. Thongs on the other hand provide a full skin to hand grip on the buttocks and depending on the model, a nice view of the ass cleavage.

bfreebern said:
ggiese said:
Matt R said:
The Master said:

[snapback]241162[/snapback]​

You said you liked it when my undies were in a wad :laugh:
[snapback]241171[/snapback]​

No, he said he liked your WAD.......

Since you have your PHD in the subject.

Please explain what is the differance between V-String, and G-String.

Thanks

I just googled 'thung' and it didn't make any sense at all. The results didn't even mention cigars at all. Maybe something is wrong with the internet. Damn Al Gore.