• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Black Petite Lancero

Ketchtwenty2

CigarPass Class of '08 Valedictorian
As the sun crested the eastern horizon and the mist descended the southern peak of Mount Everest, I poked my head out of the tent I shared with my Filipino Sherpa, Joe C. Base camp was especially busy today as climbers from around the world prepared for the greatest challenge of their lives. Joe C. had kept me awake all night with his snoring and the sounds of what could only have been an exquisite wet dream. I decided to start my day with a very exclusive and hard to find cigar. The Tatuaje Black Petite Lancero. Rare as the vital oxygen at these extreme elevations.....

OK, it is not that kind of review. :rolleyes:
This one is non-fiction.

I picked up several Tat Blacks at Tobacco Grove in Maple Grove, MN. I waited until tonight's weekly herf to light it up. It is very well constructed, not too tight or too loose. It has a pig-tailed cap and a shag foot.
It smelled great, pre-light, with hints of pepper, cinnamon? and cocoa.
The first third of the cigar the draw and burn were great. Lots of cinnamon and cocoa. It also produced a ton of smoke for a smaller cigar.
The second third the strength mellowed a bit, but the cocoa flavors really held up.
The last third was a lot like the first third, a lot of flavor and a lot of smoke. The cigar held a very nice balance of flavors throughout.
Overall, I liked it a lot. Its flavor profile compared very favorably to some of the better regular line Tat's. I especially enjoyed what I perceived as a very subtle cinnamon-like quality that mixed well with other flavors.
2011-02-15_15-19-23_656.jpg
2011-02-17_18-47-29_187.jpg

2011-02-17_18-59-53_61.jpg
2011-02-17_19-10-41_206.jpg
2011-02-17_19-21-51_859.jpg
2011-02-17_19-36-03_991.jpg
2011-02-17_19-42-39_554.jpg

Nice review! The one Tatuaje I smoked (Havana V) was incredible, although I think on average Tatuaje's are a little expensive for what you're getting......they are a very high quality smoke nonetheless.

Ketchmancross. I like the ring of that. Think about it, Dave.

Nice review! The one Tatuaje I smoked (Havana V) was incredible, although I think on average Tatuaje's are a little expensive for what you're getting......they are a very high quality smoke nonetheless.

How can you make a general statement like that after trying one cigar from one of his lines? ???

How can you make a general statement like that after trying one cigar from one of his lines? ???

Allow me to clarify..........the Tatuaje, I smoked was a little overpriced (I paid roughly 10 bucks), and I've smoked cigars for half as much that I prefer.......

That looks like one tasty smoke. Can you compare your pre-release notes to the regular release when these cigars are made in larger quantities?

...haha Sherpa

Allow me to clarify..........the Tatuaje, I smoked was a little overpriced (I paid roughly 10 bucks), and I've smoked cigars for half as much that I prefer.......

Well, at $10 a pop, they are overpriced. MSRP on the Havana VI line is $5-$8, and they can be found for less.

As the sun crested the eastern horizon and the mist descended the southern peak of Mount Everest, I poked my head out of the tent I shared with my Filipino Sherpa, Joe C. Base camp was especially busy today as climbers from around the world prepared for the greatest challenge of their lives. Joe C. had kept me awake all night with his snoring and the sounds of what could only have been an exquisite wet dream. I decided to start my day with a very exclusive and hard to find cigar. The Tatuaje Black Petite Lancero. Rare as the vital oxygen at these extreme elevations.....

OK, it is not that kind of review. :rolleyes:
This one is non-fiction.

I picked up several Tat Blacks at Tobacco Grove in Maple Grove, MN. I waited until tonight's weekly herf to light it up. It is very well constructed, not too tight or too loose. It has a pig-tailed cap and a shag foot.
It smelled great, pre-light, with hints of pepper, cinnamon? and cocoa.
The first third of the cigar the draw and burn were great. Lots of cinnamon and cocoa. It also produced a ton of smoke for a smaller cigar.
The second third the strength mellowed a bit, but the cocoa flavors really held up.
The last third was a lot like the first third, a lot of flavor and a lot of smoke. The cigar held a very nice balance of flavors throughout.
Overall, I liked it a lot. Its flavor profile compared very favorably to some of the better regular line Tat's. I especially enjoyed what I perceived as a very subtle cinnamon-like quality that mixed well with other flavors.
2011-02-15_15-19-23_656.jpg
2011-02-17_18-47-29_187.jpg

2011-02-17_18-59-53_61.jpg
2011-02-17_19-10-41_206.jpg
2011-02-17_19-21-51_859.jpg
2011-02-17_19-36-03_991.jpg
2011-02-17_19-42-39_554.jpg

Get your butt at TG. I'm enjoying one right now! :)