• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Black Robusto

b.dawgson

Official BeeDog inductee!
After smoking my first and only Tat Black last night, I found myself not impressed. The cigar seemed rough and strong but not balanced at all. After some searching today, all the Tat Blacks I've seen have a small tit at the head (kinda like a pigtail) and a shagfoot. This cigar I smoked had neither. Are there known fakes? I'm not concerned with having a fake cause it was a gift but I didn't know if I should seek out another sample before discounting them as not being my cup of tea.

Any thoughts?? Thanks!

P.S. My humidity stays at 62-63% and 65-68* constant.

ETA: I didn't mean shagfoot, I meant covered foot..

The robustos did not have the "nipple" tip or covered foot. The robusto only came in packs of 3 at Tatuaje events. As far as the flavors, I guess that's subjective so hard to tell if it's just not your cup of tea or something wrong with the cigar.

Pretty sure they all had the small point on the cap...but I could be wrong.

^^ Good to see ya around Greg! The Robo in your review has the pointy cap. That was one of my references.

The robustos did not have the "nipple" tip or covered foot. The robusto only came in packs of 3 at Tatuaje events. As far as the flavors, I guess that's subjective so hard to tell if it's just not your cup of tea or something wrong with the cigar.

Ben, it could be this ^^. I had a 3-pack of tat black robo's and they looked like that. Not sure what they taste like, I gifted them away.

I think those robo's are harder to find than the corona gorda jar release, the lancero, or that short run torpedo version because normally you can't buy them.

^^ Good to see ya around Greg! The Robo in your review has the pointy cap. That was one of my references.

Thanks man! Yeah, that's the reason I posted what I did about all having the pointed cap as the Robo I smoked had one. Since the three pack didn't have the point, not sure where the one I smoked came from...maybe a different freebie being given out.

The robusto was the one Pete gave out at his events, the pigtail with the shag foot was the first release of blacks (jars), and the torpedoes are the second release in the tubos.