• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Black Tubos

There's crazy wrapper color inconsistencies within boxes as well. QC went straight out the window with this release.

Wow. Pepin must have his part-timers and trainees working on Tatuaje stuff.

I actually took the time to send an email to 'info@tatuajecigars.com' regarding the problems I found. Response below...
On a side note...I found a couple of T110's from the August production (boxes shipping now are Sept) that were split right up the side. Marvin's sending replacements for those with my current order.

Hey Walter (klipsch)

Thank you for the email. I am sorry to hear you received broken cigars.

This is something that happens from time to time during shipping. This problem has nothing to do with the quality or the construction, just shipping and handling. We do our best to make sure our products arrive to consumers without any problems but unfortunately this is not always the case. So far most of the problems are stemming from cold weather states.

I actually took the time to send an email to 'info@tatuajecigars.com' regarding the problems I found. Response below...
On a side note...I found a couple of T110's from the August production (boxes shipping now are Sept) that were split right up the side. Marvin's sending replacements for those with my current order.

Hey Walter (klipsch)

This is something that happens from time to time during shipping. This problem has nothing to do with the quality or the construction, just shipping and handling. We do our best to make sure our products arrive to consumers without any problems but unfortunately this is not always the case. So far most of the problems are stemming from cold weather states.

Huh... I guess California is now considered a "cold state." LOL! Ah well, thanks Walter for speaking up for us! I have two blacks (thanks Breedy and Jsanzone) and I plan to let them sit for a good while. Hopefully I'll avoid the crazy wrapper problems once I unveil them after about 6 months.

Smoked the one I was gifted and loved it. Thought it had a good strong flavor. No cracks and the ash didn't blowup or flake away. Guess I got a decent one. Enjoy 'em.

-John

Hey Walter (klipsch)

Just following up on this to make everybody aware that Pete and the folks at Tatuaje replaced the bad sticks and sent along a nice collection of Tat swag for my trouble. :thumbs:

I had a similar experience with 5 sticks from my box of Reds and the vendor replaced them for me. They also threw in an extra red for my troubles.

I am glad to hear they are taking care of everyone...they could just say so sad to bad...but I like seeing that they have good customer skills as well.

Just bought two boxes today; I will check them when they get to me asap!

Hey Walter (klipsch)

Just following up on this to make everybody aware that Pete and the folks at Tatuaje replaced the bad sticks and sent along a nice collection of Tat swag for my trouble. :thumbs:

Nice Walt, I am glad everything worked out for you!!!

Almost bought a box of the Blacks yesterday, but decided to sit and smoke a single first..............Did not really care for it compared to the original vitola and Robusto.
I think the wrapper makes these cigars and the quite larger RG overwhelms it.

I feel the same. I am hoping some down time helps

I bought a box, I was going to use it in a split, smoked one, but the cigar was unremarkable. Lacked the same flavors as the other black releases, was sort of soft and mushy. I am....disappointed. I will have another one after letting them sit for a while before deciding what to do with them. :(

I bought a box, I was going to use it in a split, smoked one, but the cigar was unremarkable. Lacked the same flavors as the other black releases, was sort of soft and mushy. I am....disappointed. I will have another one after letting them sit for a while before deciding what to do with them. :(

Ditto, I've had four now with the same experience.

Ditto, I've had four now with the same experience.

Sounds about right. Mine have all had bad draws, a sour taste, and a tar build up. On the bright side I guess they can't get any worse.

The one and only I smoked was so plgged it was almost unsmokeable and then the dreaded Tar started to flow.... Very disappointed to say the least.

The one and only I smoked was so plgged it was almost unsmokeable and then the dreaded Tar started to flow.... Very disappointed to say the least.
They seem to be hit and miss. Half my box have either been an ok smoke and the other half had major burn issues or just were not good to smoke. I am wondering if these were pushed to market to quick.

I bought a few boxes of the first release of the blacks back in December. The first two I had were really disappointing. The burn was terrible and that "Black" flavor was just not there. I have revisted them a couple time since, and they have started to come around slightly with a few months of time in the humidor. I definitely agree with many on the ring gauge being to large. I am gonna give them another go in the next couple months, but I am really hoping that age helps these out.

I had both the black and red when they first came out. I didn't like the black, but liked the red. But, I love the Havana IV and the red tubos are a similar blend. I put them away and tried a red and black this week. I didn't like the red and loved the black.

Who knows.

I bought a few boxes of the first release of the blacks back in December. The first two I had were really disappointing. The burn was terrible and that "Black" flavor was just not there. I have revisted them a couple time since, and they have started to come around slightly with a few months of time in the humidor. I definitely agree with many on the ring gauge being to large. I am gonna give them another go in the next couple months, but I am really hoping that age helps these out.

I'm thinking they were shipped very wet and need to be kept in a stable humidor for at least a month before smoking. I usually do this for any cigar I buy nowadays. So many shops and online sites over humidify cigars so they don't dry out while shipping. I've also heard that Tats need to be kept at around 65% humidity and a lot of people are at 70% or higher.

I waited at least a month after buying a box before trying my first Black Tubo and it was awesome. Great flavor and the burn wasn't that bad. The ash was a bit flaky but it didn't detract from the experience. I did have a Red Tubo that drew like a straw though...