• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Black

dulaney22

Banned
I've waited quite a while to smoke my first Tat Black and today was the day. The kiddos wanted to swim when we got home, so after a little debate as to the smoke, I finally decided it was time to light up one of these bad boys.

The wrapper was medium brown, oily, and had some slight imperfections to augment that rustic Tat appearance. Feel was firm to the touch and, pre-light, the stogie exhibited a faint smell of barnyard.

DSC03297.jpg

The first few puffs produced a subdued spice and cream, and I was happy to find a perfect draw with tons of smoke. Initially, there was a twangy taste to the smoke that I could not pinpoint . . . kinda citrus/musky, if that makes sense. It wasn't bad, just different. This quickly turned to wonderful flavors of vanilla and nuts which pervaded the first half of the smoke, along with some mild spice I couldn't identify. It wasn't black pepper . . . seemed to have a richer, fuller taste than that. Anyway, the second half produced richer vanilla creams with a little more spice and coffee tastes. Overall, there wasn't really a transition of flavors, but more of a haphazard display of rich, creamy tastes that delighted me.

DSC03334.jpg

This is truly a wonderful smoke. It is not the most diverse cigar I've had the pleasure to enjoy, but what it protrays by way of flavor comes through crystal clear. On top of that, I experienced a flawless burn . . . a carefree, enjoyable smoke to say the least.

I can't believe I've had some of these lying around and have waited until now to light one. This makes me want to light up a Frank tomorrow. :laugh:

The Tat black is one of my favorites from Pete. Your review is very close to what I experience when I had mine. The Frank is a monster cigar, I really enjoy that smoke!

Was it 95 degrees and a 1000% humidity out there when you smoked that thing? Yesterday was a little nicer, I was able to get 2 in :)

Love a Tat Black as long as the draw is hitting just right. The first two I had were extremely loose in the draw and didn't smoke well at all, however the third? Fantastic smoke IMO! Now that Noella Reserva I smoked yesterday? Ooohh man! :D Excellent review with spot on descriptors!

Was it 95 degrees and a 1000% humidity out there when you smoked that thing? Yesterday was a little nicer, I was able to get 2 in :)

It was at least 95 but the humidity had dropped into the 70s this afternoon. Needless to say, I was sitting in the shade and left the sunnin' to the children. :laugh:

I was going to smoke it last night, but the humidity was at 97% . . . WOW!! This morning it was 94%.

Am I the only person to find these cigars totally over rated?

Of course, this was my first Black and I've had a bunch of Tat Noella Reservas, but I agree with Greg that the Noella is dang hard to beat. If I had to pick, I prefer it, the Pork Chop and the SW Maduro to the Black.