• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Exculsivo Lado Occidental

fetterjohn

Non-active but active and lurking!
I finally was able to procure a fw of these beautiful sticks by Tatuaje...the Exclusivo Lado Occidental!

The humidor manager told me that they are good (read: OK) right now...but could "really use from a few months of humi time". HE says that they are smoking very green and that their full potentil will show up when they have some humi time and dry out a bit...

Asked about the East Coast blend...he says that the left coast blend is much better.

I don't want to light one up until I have an idea of what to expect...hate smoking something that really needs time as suggested. Anyone have these and smoked one yet? Anyone smoked one from each coast? Let me know that I won't waste my money by burning one too early?

-Fetter

Fetter,

I have about 5 of the West and 13 of the East myself and haven't smoked any yet. My brother (The Inspector) smoked one last weekend and agree'd with the comments that others have been saying in that they are a bit young at the moment.

I will probably smoked one of each young just because I have enough, but the rest will most likely sit for a while.

I guess I'm in the minority when I say that they are ready to smoke right now and are pretty good. The dominant tastes are really similar to the Tat Hermosos from Sept '06 with a bit more punch. If you can get a hold of more than 2 or 3, I'd light one up to see what it's like.

Asked about the East Coast blend...he says that the left coast blend is much better.

People are funny... heh.

Anyway, the East Coast is the same blend.

The buy working at the shop mentioned that they were both given to him at the same time from his rep and they had very different wrappers... Said the West Coast was darker and more oily...which the ones I bought have. Have not scene the east coast...

Are they really the same blend? Different wrappers? Or the same all the way around?

-Fetter

The buy working at the shop mentioned that they were both given to him at the same time from his rep and they had very different wrappers... Said the West Coast was darker and more oily...which the ones I bought have. Have not scene the east coast...

Are they really the same blend? Different wrappers? Or the same all the way around?

-Fetter

According to Pete, they are the same... same wrapper, same blend, same everything, just a different vitola.

If you look here you will see that they have the same Cafe Rosado Oscuro wrapper. Now this is a different wrapper from the regular Havana VI line, which is perhaps what your vendor is confused about.

-Fetter

According to Pete, they are the same... same wrapper, same blend, same everything, just a different vitola.

If you look here you will see that they have the same Cafe Rosado Oscuro wrapper. Now this is a different wrapper from the regular Havana VI line, which is perhaps what your vendor is confused about.
Pete told me the same thing when I met him earlier this year, all the same inside, just different vitola.

-Fetter

Thank you Moki...I'll correct the guy when I see him. They think they know everything!!! :sign:

-Fetter

Bumping a rather OLD thread, but I had one of these at our Pete Johnson event and it was FANTASTIC. I wish I had bought more when I had the chance!

Yeah . . . I should've grabbed the whole box and burned a hole in my plastic when my local B&M got one in, instead of just getting a fiver. Never saw 'em down here again!

~Boar

They are tasty, I had the East Coast for my birthday in September. There a must for any Tatuaje fan. There's a B&M by my house that has them in stock, I will be heading there tomorrow at lunch to grab a couple of each.