• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Havana VI Angeles

bpj87

Go Bulldogs!
So last night I lit up my first Tatuaje, the Angeles.

Nicaraguan Puro
Petit Corona 4.6" x 43

Near flawless construction with a nice triple cap. Very few fine veins. I sliced just a tiny bit off with my cheapo double blade cutter and ended up with a really good cut.

Prelight draw was mildly sweet and gave some hints of the spice to come. As is often the case with these small RG sticks, the draw was a little tight, but this was alleviated partway into the smoke.

I toasted the foot slowly and produced an razor sharp burn, which continued for most of the smoke. After about 1", a quarter inch long wrapper crack developed at the burn line, but this didn't spread and self corrected. The stick consistently produced lots of concentrated smoke and a near completely white ash.

For the smoking experience, the first third was characterized by strong Pepin pepper and a hint of maybe bittersweet chocolate flavor. In the second third, the chocolate disappreared and was replaced with hints of coffee with the strong pepper remaining. With about two inches remaining, the smoke began to get a little hot, and I put the stick to rest with about an inch remaining (when it incidentally developed some tunnelling, and the flavor changed substantially).

Overall, I found this to be quite the enjoyable and moderately complex smoke. It was not as strong as a Pepin Black, but had much of the same med-full bodied characteristics. I found that the nicotine later hit me, even on a full stomach, so I might think twice before lighting one of these innocent looking little sticks again. But, in the end, I enjoyed the experience.

Nice review. I absolutely love these Havana VI's. I have a bunch of Nobles in the humi and it's hard for me not to reach for one of those every time.