• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje RC 184

fca_blake70

Reaction score
Brand: TATUAJE LIMITED RELEASE
Name: RC 184
Origin: Nicaragua
Shape: Perfecto
Wrapper: Nicaragua
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua
Strength: FULL
Ring Gauge: 57
Length: 7.25

Aesthetics: This cigar is beautiful. It comes partially wrapped in foil like a Retro Cuban and had a a flawless wrapper with no raises or veins. The oblonge shape sits well in hand and with a 7 1/4 x 57, you should enjoy it for quite some time. Pre-smoke smell and taste were pleasant hints for what was to come.

1st Third: The cigar lit very well (using cedar) and the tappered end bloomed very evenly. Initial impression was very peppery and strong earthy smoke. The color and thickness of the smoke were very pleasing and since I enjoy drawing a great deal of smoke, the cigar suited me well.

2nd Third: After the first two inches or so the smoke began to mellow out. While the pepper never left completely, it did fade back and allow the full leather taste to take the forefront. The RC finally dropped ash during the 2nd Third and was the only time it did.

Final Third: The last third was much more complex than the previous two. I caught more hints of cedar and the leather blended well with it. The pepper also picked back up and I'll admit that the final third was my favorite part consequently.

Conclusion: The RC 184 has become a must-have in my humidor. It has rich leather tones and the pepper that I expect from a Pete Johnson and Pepin Garcia cigar. It is definately one of the fullest and strongest of the Tatuaje Brown band line, and at $20 for a single should be prized as a celebratory smoke. All in all I thought it a great smoke and will definately stock up on them soon.

I've always wanted to try this one, just haven't made it to the B&M by my house that sells them. Great review it makes me want to try it even more and more now.