• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Regios Reserva

flamchop

65/65
Through a fellow BOTL I was able to score a handful of these new Tatuaje Regios Reservas. I love the Regios, so I figured I would love these too. There isn't a whole lot of info about these available yet. However, by one account, Pete Johnson has stated these are Connecticut Broadleaf wrappers, and that's good enough for me!

This is one beautiful cigar in my opinion. A nice dark, oily, rustic wrapper with noticeable tooth. It sports the usual Tatuaje brown band, with a generic "Reserva" black/gold band underneath it. The cigar seemed a bit tight when squeezed and the bunching looked tight as well. When I punched the cap and took a draw it was a little on the tight side but not too bad.

I sparked the foot and took a draw... a good amount of creamy smoke came though. Surprisingly, the Pepin spice wasn't there. From the very first draw it was smooth, creamy, and tasted of sweet cocoa. The J21 is probably up there as my favorite Tat and this one tastes very similar at start.

The first couple puffs were a slight bit tight but loosened up after a half inch or so. Normally I will put new smokes down for at least a few weeks but I just couldn't resist pulling this one out tonight! As I took slow and steady draws, the wrapper burned back to reveal a bright gray ash, almost white. It held on strong for over an inch before I knocked it off. Each time I knocked the ash off it broke clean. The burn was straight and perfect the whole way down, never needing a single touch up.

About the halfway mark the taste turned on me. It changed to a slightly bitter taste... but it wasn't too harsh and didn't last more than an inch. The last third then mellowed out considerably and the sweet cocoa, almost a dark chocolate-ish taste was present. I smoked way past the two bands down to about a half inch, and it never once got too harsh. The only reason I put it out was because I have no toothpicks or tweezers on hand... and i just let it go!

I thoroughly enjoyed this smoke! It smokes like a Regios with an ever so slight sweeter twist.. about what you'd expect. I rate this up there with the J21 and will have to see about getting my hands on a larger stash of these for some major down time. I highly recommend this to anyone who likes the fuller-flavored smokes, and if you like Tats you will like this without question. The problem is getting your hands on some.

No spice? What kind of Tat is this?? :laugh: Sounds like a really good smoke, but may need some rest. Thanks for a great review Mike!

I picked up a couple of these at a local place and DAMN it is tough letting them rest. I just want to dive in!

Thanks for the review, I will have to pick up a few of these.

Ken

Nice review, I have a few sitting in the humi right now. I was shock to hear that the spice wasn't there.

Good review. Surprisingly I have not smoked any of the reservas yet. I hope to smoke some soon

Nice review, I have a few sitting in the humi right now. I was shock to hear that the spice wasn't there.

Me too. Maybe I blinked and missed it, but from what I could tell it was smooth sailing from the get-go. Sometimes I'll get a Pepin smoke like that, but the majority of them blast you at first.

As usual, very nice review :thumbs:

I am actually not surprised by the lack of spice. If the Regios Reserva and Noella Reserva use the same or similar wrapper as the Frank, I didn't find much spice in the Frank. I realize these are different blends, but for me, this shows how much a wrapper can affect the flavor of a cigar. Prime example - the Shark vs. Sand Shark.

Great review. I wonder if that wrapper actually is Connecticut Broadleaf. I searched a bit and couldn't find anything. My guess is 'not'. Regardless, I've got some now, thanks to Ed. Can't wait.

Great review. I wonder if that wrapper actually is Connecticut Broadleaf. I searched a bit and couldn't find anything. My guess is 'not'. Regardless, I've got some now, thanks to Ed. Can't wait.

The only place I saw a reference to connecticut broadleaf was on another cigar forum and I assumed they were right because it does look like it, although the pics show it a lighter shade than it looks to the naked eye. Surprised there isn't more out there about these yet.

Maybe if Pete is reading he could clear it up? :)

The only place I saw a reference to connecticut broadleaf was on another cigar forum and I assumed they were right because it does look like it, although the pics show it a lighter shade than it looks to the naked eye. Surprised there isn't more out there about these yet.

They are Conn. Broadleaf

I smoked my first one last night. It is just as you described, not as much spice as you would think. It was a great and very enjoyable smoke. I have not had the Regios to compare it too. Tonight I plan on trying the noella reserva.

They are Conn. Broadleaf

Source?

They are Conn. Broadleaf

Source?

Pete