• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Taino

sanchopanza

Cigar: Tatuaje Tainos
Size: Double Corona(7 5/8" X49)
Filler: Nic
Binder: Nic
Wrapper: Nic
Box date: JUN 17 2003

This Beautiful double corona was from the first batch of Tatuajes produced.. I was given this cigar by a friend on Tuesday, and figured that since it just had a 5th birthday, why wait? so I smoked it last night... Here's the review:

Construction: This cigar has taken very kindly to age. The wrapper was a beautiful coffee brown color, with not-a-one blemish on the entire surface. The triple cap was placed perfectly on this one. Slightly firm to the touch, with no soft spots..

Smoking Characteristics: The cigar lights easily, and burns perfectly the whole way through. The smoke stays cool, the ash is white and tight(the way I like it:p), and stays on the cigar for a good half inch. It seemed as if it could stay on forever, but I went ahead and ashed it...

Flavor: Loads of cedar, floral, and earthy tones were present throughout. The cedar was a little strong, at times(I was warned of this already because the original tainos weren't wrapped in wax paper...), but was never harsh or unpleasant.

Overall: It's an awesome double corona. Perfectly constructed, perfect draw, and awesome flavor. It's amazing how much you can change a cigar's character by simply not smoking it for a while. The taino, usually dominated by earthy, spicy and coffee flavors, has turned into a very pleasant and complex smoke that is refreshing to the palate. I gave it a 95...

I smoked two yesterday. Damn fine cigar.

Doc.

Good review, and timely for me. I was wondering how well these would age. One of my favorite long smokes. In fact, I think I'll light one up today!

Doc, were those 03's? if so, do you have one or two you wouldn't mind selling/trading? This friend had less than a half box left, and could only part with one, and I would love to be able to throw one in the Humi for another 5 years :rolleyes: ...

You know what else ages nicely? Havana VI victorias. I have(well, had) a half box from 06 in my Humidor. I decided to smoke one to see how they were doing, and two weeks later... there are two cigars sitting in the box :( . Damn, this aging stuff is difficult.

I have 4 boxes of these and a soke I go to anytime I have the time. I like these better than the SW maybe because they are a little rougher than them but they realy do shine