• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tell your story about getting sick...

jsm11

Secret Squirrel
Smoked this little guy for about 100 minutes last night, then spent about 2-3 hours trying to get the devil out of me.  It's been a long time since I got my ass flat kicked, this did it too me though.  The last stick that got me was a Norteno about 6 months ago.

My world was spinning, I was sweating, I was cold.
I managed to eat a grilled cheese and some Dr. Pepper and rode it out....

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12521]

It's been awhile since I had one really hit me hard, but I've certainly had my bad episodes over the years.  If I anticipate one being a bear, I'll have a soda with it and spit from time to time.

I can't remember what cigar(s) did it to me, but I've been pretty green laying in bed before.  It happens.

Eat a pack of Nerds and wait it out.

Oh that Norteno kicked my ass about the same time you had yours. More recently the Padron 50th Anniversary humidor edition Maduro, which I looked forward to for months, beat the crap out of me. Added insult to injury for what it cost.

bucfan444 said:
Oh that Norteno kicked my ass about the same time you had yours. More recently the Padron 50th Anniversary humidor edition Maduro, which I looked forward to for months, beat the crap out of me. Added insult to injury for what it cost.

LOL... kind of what I thought after this... $16 to get my ass whooped, I must be stupid in the head... :laugh:

PSP2 a couple months ago. Started smoking it at the B&M, kept at it on the drive home...really hammering it because it was awesome, ton of flavor, and I wanted to finish it before I got home. The last 10 minutes of that drive was hellacious...hit me like a brick wall.

Lol...good topic. I can't recall the cigar either but like Brickhouse chugged a Coke and some skittles.

First time I ever got real cubans, PSD4 and Monty 2. Smoked both, one right after the other, in the morning on an empty stomach.
I didn't get real sick but definitely did not feel great. Took me a while to realize it was nic sickness due to never having previously been there.
Not too awful bad.

Smoked an undercrown robusto about two 4th of july's ago. I smoked it way to fast and I am not kidding when I say I projectile vomited at least 5 times over the course of a three hour period. Worst nicotine sickness I've ever experienced.

Last year for Kris (Light This!) long ash contest. I smoked a Diesel Unlimited 6x60 all the way to the nub. I must have set some kind of record on how fast I smoked it but oh boy, I was in the fetal position under my shower afterward (no kidding). Was it worth it? No! Because I didn't win the darn contest! :laugh: :laugh:

In the early days I remember not feeling too well after some cigars though I don't remember the brands.  There are a few in my stocks that will get my gut gurgling, but I save those for after a meal.  That usually keeps me from getting sick.  

Yeah, as far at the first ones that realllly got to me, it would have been the Bahia Golds during the late 90's.  I always babied any Cubans I got ahold of because everyone warned me, but I specifically remember a Bahia just destroying me one night.  Had never experienced that before, lol.

I've never gotten sick but a cigar did make me sit down and take notice once. Forbidden X petite lancero. Probably shouldn't have smoked it before breakfast.

Doc

Maybe ten years ago when I was new to the game, I had a CAO Criollo put me on the couch.  It was horrible....one foot on the floor and sweating like a pig for an hour or so.  Wasn't near smart enough to get some sugar into my system.

Huh. This is a cool topic. Learning. Have experienced this, but didn't know it was a legit thing...I figured I was just a wuss.

Doc, this ain't an excuse to rip on the Chair Force...;)

-Trey

A Joya de Nicaragua Antaño on an empty stomach once knocked me on my ass....not cool....

Lesson learned, I do not smoke on empty stomach anymore...

giannilibrizzi said:
A Joya de Nicaragua Antaño on an empty stomach once knocked me on my ass....not cool....

Lesson learned, I do not smoke on empty stomach anymore...

I've done hand to hand combat with one of those as well.  Make no mistake - those babies will separate the men from the boys.

I always keep a couple packs of Sugar in the Raw in the lounge.  Pour it in, let it melt and carry on.

So, what's the deal with the Sugar?

Combats the nicotine poisoning?

The peppermints given sometimes by B&Ms...ostensibly for breath, sugar high enough to double for this too? Hmm.

Actually, nicotine "Buzz", it's caused by a drop in your blood pressure when you heart detects the nicotine, and slows down for a few beats.

Also, and I do not doubt any of you when you say that sugar helps, but nicotine absorption in the bloodstream actually increases blood sugar levels. That's why many cigarette smokers sre eventually diabetics....not all but many!