• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ten Fidy

SiriusBlack

Always make it look easy...
I am a complete beer newbie and decided to test the waters a little bit into this new word. I have tried Lambic Kriek and some other mild stuff but nothing too exotic. Last night I had the opportunity to have dinner with my boss and some co-workers at a restaurant called the Drafting Room her in PA. So I asked the waitor for a recommendation as he seemed pretty knowledgeable. Among others he recommend Ten Fidy. He characterized it as "like no beer you have ever tasted".

Appearance
This beer had a beautiful dark chocolate look. I think others have characterized it as the look of used motor oil. That doesn't sound very appealing so I'll say more like a really dark cup of coffee or mocha.

Nose
The beer had a really great smell to it. You could literally smell hints of caramel, coco or chocolate and coffee.

Taste
I found the taste really complex. It reminded me of Guinness Stout (that was my only frame of reference since I don't have a lot of experience). However it was much much smoother than Guinness and had way more hidden flavor notes that popped out with each taste. It was a "big" and hearty beer in terms of taste. It definitely was different than anything I had every tasted before and very enjoyable.

Things I would do differently
First I would eat a hearty meal with the beer. The flavors were just to over powering for the pasta and tomato dish that I order. Also based on some other reviews, apparently this beer falls into what I learned is the Imperial Stout category. So I probably should have let it warm up a little before starting to drink.

I think I may have the bug for beer now and interesting in learning (and drinking more). I just have to find some good supplier here in PA.

Nice review and welcome to the craft beer world. There are many of us here who love Ten FIDY, great beer.

Sirus,

Great choice my man!! That is a great beer. One of my favs.

I am down to 3 cans, so here's to hoping my sister in CO can take a hint when she flys back for xmas!!

Sirus,

Great choice my man!! That is a great beer. One of my favs.

I am down to 3 cans, so here's to hoping my sister in CO can take a hint when she flys back for xmas!!

C'mon Quade, drink up! You got my number bish! We'll work a lil swip swap..

This is definitely a great beer! I can't seem to find it here in San Diego outside of being on tap at Stone Brewery. You've reminded my taste buds how good this brew is...I think I'm going to have to make a trip to Stone this weekend and fill up on some of this goodness :D

I think I may have the bug for beer now and interesting in learning (and drinking more). I just have to find some good supplier here in PA.
Welcome to the club! Let me know if you need any tips on where to find the good stuff around here.

Welcome to the club! Let me know if you need any tips on where to find the good stuff around here.

Hey definitely hook me up with some spots. I am a Philly boy but I actually live in Upper Darby. So I am just a traffic light or two away from you.