• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Thank You!

gawntrail

Reaction score
I would like to take a moment to personally and publicly thank The Thompson Group (Thompson Cigars - Tampa, FL) for following through on their commitment to generously supply some of their cigars, free of charge, for our 1st annual Cigar Pass HERF in Las Vegas. After a few emails back and forth, Thompson's overnighted (via UPS) 6 boxes of their smokes to me for the HERF.

Joe Silvestri (the buyer for Thompson's) took the time from a Far East trip to answer my original email. He didn't hesitate to offer up some of their smokes. Simply enjoying their cigars and taking a few photographs with the boxes is all he asked in return. The lovely Francesca Cefali (Thompson's) was the go between and saw to it the smokes and catalogs were shipped ASAP.

This is my first experience with Thompson's and have to say I am pretty impressed. Without any hesitation, them sending the smokes to make our HERF a successful one is a positive sign (to me) of their commitment to Cigar Pass and the cigar community in general.

I am excited and warmed by this display of support by Thompson's. And because they are a business, in the business of making money, the appropriate sign of gratitude is a heart felt thanks and a few bucks in orders for the forseeable future. I again thank them for their hospitality and will most definitely make them part of my monthly cigar purchases.

I hope other cigar manufacturers and retailers choose to be as classy and generous as Thompson's in making our HERF a resounding success.

M. Gipson :thumbs:

They sent 6 boxes of their Thompson brands:

(1) Dona Ines Churchill (7 X 54) - Dominican - $ 55*
(1) Romanticos Toro (6 X 52) - Dominican - $ 51*
(1) Wall Street Toro (6 X 52) - Nicaraguan - $ 53*
(1) Sonador Grande Corojo (5 X 54) - Honduran $ 45*
(1) Manolete Toro (6 X 50?) - Dominican - $ 53*
(1) La Paloma Vintage Reserve Toro (6 X 52?) - Dominican - $ 55*
*Thompson's May 2004 catalog

Not too bad huh? Those of us that will be at the Las Vegas HERF that's 150 cigars to start us off.

Like I said before. You don't ask - you don't get.

I hope the other manufacturers and retailers will be as classy as Thompson's has been. It would be cool to have about 600 cigars to get us rollin'. With the 6 guys that have RSVP'd, that would make......ohhhhhhh........100 each :p

And the golf guys............maybe we'll sample one or two on the track Saturday morning.........how's that sound?

M. Gipson

Now that's a verrrrrry generous offer from the guys at Thompsons.
Good goin guys!!!!! :thumbs: