• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

That smell the wife hates. . .

Bahianut

Animadvertistine, ubicumque stes, fumum recta in f
My wife hates the smell of cigars and also how I smell after enjoying one. I've posted before that she is pregnant, well we are right at two weeks until D-Day and to say she is a little sensitive is an understatement!

So of course, her sense of smell is elevated times 100. Now there is little to do about the breath, but I noticed, my hands and face also really smell like tobacco. Here is the tip, I love to hunt so I figured I could use my "sent away" soap. I use it to take away my scent during hunting season so I figure I would give it a try.

It worked like a charm! I washed my hands and face with it and it reduced the over smell dramatically and my wife even said she couldn't smell it! Now that is saying a lot to fool a pregnant lady!

The exact soap I use is Hunters Specialties "Scent Away" shampoo & body soap. I purchased it from Uncle Wally cheap after last hunting season.

Andy

Pureayre is supposed to work really well also. I think that Mark is one of the few vendors that has it on sale though. On the bright side, being single means you don't care who smells you. :)

This may sound like bull but when I first started smoking and didnt want my mom to find out, now she doesnt really mind, I used to grab a bunch or grass out of the ground and rub my hands in it. Works like a charm believe it or not....?

Or for they full body deoderizer just roll around in the grass.

The smell my wife hates is not going to be taken care of with soap or grass! :blush:

This may sound like bull but when I first started smoking and didnt want my mom to find out, now she doesnt really mind, I used to grab a bunch or grass out of the ground and rub my hands in it. Works like a charm believe it or not....?

Or for they full body deoderizer just roll around in the grass.

Thanks for the tip man...

my parents hate it as well...after a year they still cannot accept the fact that I enjoy cigars...how'd you cover up the smell of your clothes though? I think my mom smells the smoke on my clothes when I come home and knows I smoked... :(

my parents hate it as well...after a year they still cannot accept the fact that I enjoy cigars...how'd you cover up the smell of your clothes though? I think my mom smells the smoke on my clothes when I come home and knows I smoked... :(
Not to be glib, but if you're old enough to smoke, it shouldn't matter whether your parents know. If it's something you enjoy, you should not have to hide it. I'm all for cleaning up to keep people from not smelling an odor they find unpleasant, but to hide it ... if that's happening, you've got to ask yourself why.

Not to be glib, but if you're old enough to smoke, it shouldn't matter whether your parents know. If it's something you enjoy, you should not have to hide it. I'm all for cleaning up to keep people from not smelling an odor they find unpleasant, but to hide it ... if that's happening, you've got to ask yourself why.

Yeh, being 21 I have a few friends that still hide their smoking (cigarettes mostly) from their parents. It's ridiculous.

well we are right at two weeks until D-Day and to say she is a little sensitive is an understatement!

My wife is well into her third trimester as well. I'm in that boat with you buddy...

Luckily, she doesn't mind the smell of cigars. She'll even fire one up with me when she's not pregnant.

My little lady is pregnant too and hates the smell of tobacco. Shes driving me crazy complaining everytime I open up the humi. ! Luckly we only have 2 1/2 more months to go.

edit to add: I take a shower as soon as I finish!!!!!!!!!! I wouldn't be able to take her mouth other wise

I take a shower as soon as I finish!!!!!!!!!! I wouldn't be able to take her mouth other wise
Yeah, my wife always wants me to shower before I take her mouth as well. And I'm happy to do it. :laugh:

The wife has never said anything about the smell, but then again, she's usually right next to me when I smoke one.

george

It shouldn't matter...but they make a big deal about it. Basically I want to respect them as much as possible, while still doing something I love to do. If that means "hiding" a smell in order to be able to smoke, and not upset my parents, then i'm all for it. I do have to be somewhat careful- they pay for my schooling, food, and I still live at home during the summer. I guess what i"m saying is..I hide it cuz I love them and I know they worry about me. (sounds corny I know) LOL

My little lady is pregnant too and hates the smell of tobacco. Shes driving me crazy complaining everytime I open up the humi. ! Luckly we only have 2 1/2 more months to go.

Yeah, and then in 2 1/2 months, instead of the wife saying, "Don't smoke because I'm pregnant," it's going to be "Don't smoke because we have a newborn!"

My wife is 5 months pregnant with our second child, and I am pretty much forced to smoke when she is not at home (or I am out with the guys). A quick shower when I am done helps take the smell completely off your body. Some gum and teeth brushing helps the breath momentarily, but I find that it takes a good 12-24 hours before the tobacco taste is completely gone. At least that's my experience.