• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Abyss

BlindedByScience

Proud Father of a Kearney, NE LEO
Staff member
The one craft beer that really caught my attention is "The Abyss" by Deschutes Brewing. I and several devout co-workers will be attending the launch party. Got to love Portland OR when it comes to fine beers......
wub.gif

THE ABYSS 2009 Release - Tuesday, November 3rd
The first wax-dipped bottles of The Abyss will be available for sale in the Portland and Bend Brew Pubs on Tuesday, Nov. 3rd. These early sales are limited to six bottles per person. The first 48 bottle customers will get bottles signed by Deschutes Brewmaster Larry Sidor. The party starts in Portland at 2 pm and in Bend at 5:30 pm.
For those that haven't tried this one, it's worth seeking out. Probably the most flavorful, complex beer I've ever had. Not sure how early we'll get there but a small contingent of co-workers and I will be there, to be sure.

Edited to add some linkage - note it's 11%...!!! Can't sit and pound these, to be sure....

Cheers - B.B.S.

Haven't had the pleasure of sipping the Abyss...yet, but I have fallen in love with their Black Butte. Within seconds of my first sip of BB I declared it in my top 5 all time.

Spent the afternoon at the brewery here in PDX. Vertical tastings of the '08 and '09 releases. Consensus was that the '08 perhaps had a little more chocolate, the '09 a little more coffee to the blend but both were pretty spectacular. I stood in line for an hour to get my six 22's of the 09 release; big crowd on hand for the release of this beer. Wonderful stuff; worth the effort to seek out, IMHO.

Cheers - B.B.S.

I pre-ordered 4 bottles of this on a website. Hopefully they get their allotment soon and ship them off...I can't wait to try it.