• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The BEST ISOM I have smoked yet

SamGuss

Was a custom rolled Alejandro Robania Robusto made with a 1-2 year old tobacco blend with a little extra ligero in it, that I smoked last night.

Just this fact alone filled me with a little awe. I am not as worldly as some here on the list, so the term "custom rolled" envisions in my mind these specially handcrafted cigars made to order and for a particular person's tastes. Awhile back I was gifted a custom rolled Sancho Panza that was out of this world, and this cigar I just had put that one in second place - a close second place, but second place nevertheless (which is still pretty damn good in my opinion LOL).

There was nothing too special about last night, other than the fact that I wanted to pamper myself as it were and skip the normal day to day smoke I would normally choose. I had intended on letting this cigar sit in the humidor for a couple more days and smoke it this weekend, but curisoity killed the cat - or in this case the cigar.

It was given to me as a bonus cigar in a recent trade and was simply out of this world. A beautiful light brown cigar, light to hold and constructed well. The light and draw was very easy with just a slight pull on the draw needed.

From the very first draw, I was in sheer heaven as the tastes, smoke, nictotine and sheer enjoyment of the cigar hit me, mellowing me out and landing me in nirvana.

Just this side of complex in the flavor department, the tobacco blend of this cigar was ideal. Full bodied and strong - powerhouse strong, it did not distract from the oily rich flavors of this cigar. Hints of sweet earthiness prevailed throughout the cigar and I am almost hesitant to use the word "sweet", as nothing about this cigar tasted sugary sweet in that venicular.

Hints of peppery spiciness here and there throughout the light tobacco leaf tastes of the cigar and subtle hints of spices yet unmentioned. This is a very hard cigar to describe in the taste department, because it was in my mind, exactly what a good cigar should taste like for me. Strong, but without overpowering the flavors of the cigar, this side of complex for the flavors, yet still ellusive to define.

Volumes of smoke from this cigar and my Melly thoroughly enjoyed it as well, declaring it was the best cigar she had ever smoked - and that it surpassed her favorites, the Short Story and the Opus X line.

In the end, this cigar was simply one of the best ISOM or anywhere else - cigar I have ever smoked up to this point in my life. Outdoing even my favorites and my special occassion favorites. And it's not commercially available :-( Life, sometimes is simply not fair.

This cigar rated a straight up 100 in my book. Now to try and convince the person who gave me this cigar to part with some more...

Sam

One of my favorites also(I've had the pleasure of smoking a few of them). :thumbs: :thumbs:

:)