• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Blind Taste Test Thread Comments

im glad someone started this thread.

lumberg i love this idea,way cool :D

i find myself trying to figure out which cigars are what.
kinda hard to do without smoking them ???

gonna be interesting to see what they are, interesting indeed.

its hard to rain praise on a cigar you dont know what it is :D

you know "this was the best cigar i ever had"
come to find out it was a __________ (white owl,arrango,)whatever. :D

or on the other hand giving a super premium cuban the review you would save for
one of the above cigars :D

anyway great idea. cant wait to see what they really are and will eagerly read
all the reviews.

Haha, I agree whole-heartedly!

I can't help but be somewhat anxious... being a noob, what if my opinion of the cigar is wayyyy off?? I'll be the shame of cigarpass!

LOL, I've already seen a couple reviews that I believe could be the same cigar I smoked. Can't wait to find out all of the identities!

PS. After all of the identities are revealed, it would be *great* if each participant could go back and add the actual cigar name at the top of their review, ala:

Review of Cigar #26
Edit: (AKA Whiteowl Supreme Robusto!!)

OutlawD said:
you know "this was the best cigar i ever had"
come to find out it was a __________ (white owl,arrango,)whatever. :D
[snapback]218128[/snapback]​
...all credibility on the line now, eh?.... :laugh:

I should get to one of mine today; felt like crap all weekend. I'll get my review posted ASAP when I finish.

Regards - B.B.S.

I think it was very cool of Lumberg to put this together, and it was very generous of him to bear such an expense. I hope he gets what he's looking for out of it, whatever that might be. I certainly enjoyed doing my part.

Great idea Lumberg.

Your review thread is some good reading with the best yet to come when you do the reveals.

Thanks to Lumberg for starting this and to everybody that helped/is helping with it.

I am hoping for an excel spreadsheet with all the reviews, reviewee's, and revealings :)

Pyre said:
Haha, I agree whole-heartedly!

I can't help but be somewhat anxious... being a noob, what if my opinion of the cigar is wayyyy off?? I'll be the shame of cigarpass!

LOL, I've already seen a couple reviews that I believe could be the same cigar I smoked. Can't wait to find out all of the identities!

PS. After all of the identities are revealed, it would be *great* if each participant could go back and add the actual cigar name at the top of their review, ala:

Review of Cigar #26
Edit: (AKA Whiteowl Supreme Robusto!!)
[snapback]218206[/snapback]​

Nah, you can't be wayyyy off because your opinion can't be wrong, just different. ;)

Lumberg, I'd also like to say this was a very cool and fun idea. Thanks for putting this together brother. :thumbs:

Lumberg said:
So what do you guys think of the results so far?
[snapback]222363[/snapback]​
I said it at the bottom of my reviews - "Do we taste what we expect to taste when you know what you are smoking...?"

Can't wait to find out what's what....:cool:

Thanks again, Lumberg - B.B.S.

Lumberg said:
First of all I want to give you a huge thanks from all of us that have been allowed to participate in this, this was a great idea. :thumbs:

This experience has allowed me to gain some confidence in writing cigar reviews.
These are only the second and third reviews I have ever done.
Looking at the reviews so far, there seems to be general agreement on the cigars that are the same.

I am looking forward to see the complete list of cigars.

I can't wait for the reveal of the two I reviewed. Curious to see how if I feel differently about a cigar when it has the band on. ;)

Lumberg said:
BlindedByScience said:
Can't wait to find out what's what....:cool:

There are I think 11 cigars whose identities have been revealed.
[snapback]222456[/snapback]​

so far 6

2 ashton heritage
2 padron delecias
2 opus power rangers

junkman_56 said:
Lumberg said:
First of all I want to give you a huge thanks from all of us that have been allowed to participate in this, this was a great idea. :thumbs:

This experience has allowed me to gain some confidence in writing cigar reviews.
Looking at the reviews so far, there seems to be general agreement on the cigars that are the same.

[snapback]222389[/snapback]​

Couldn't agree more! After writing down what I thought while I was smoking it, I noticed I paid a lot more attention to details I always seem to over look. But wasn't so meticulous that it took away from the experience of smoking at all. After reviewing these cigars, I went out and bought a cheap journal so that I can tape the bands of cigars I smoke to the page, and jot down my own notes about them. Thanks again lumberg. Can't wait to see what I got dealt!

bchem your reviews resulted in another identity being revealed.

I like that someone started this thread. Now I don't have to pollute the other thread with "this is great, keep 'em coming@!" or "new identity revealed."

junkman_56 said:
Lumberg said:

[snapback]222389[/snapback]​
These are the first and second reviews, other than my scribbles in my journal, that I've ever written. When trying to assign points, I really scratched my head a bit. I tried to remember the "best" and "worst" smokes I've ever had, and tried my best to use them as a frame of reference. I'll bet this is one of the things that experience only makes a person better at....

Regards - B.B.S.

From a quick review of the comments made so far, I'm guessing the following numbers are all the same cigar:

49, 51, 53, 55, 57, 58a and 58b

Clues:

- cigar size
- ash color/density
- even/consistent burn
- sweet/citrus taste
- tougher draw
- sloppy cap

Based on these numbers, I'd hazard a guess that all cigars between 49 and 58 are the same. Lumberg, what do ya say?

stevehawk said:
From a quick review of the comments made so far, I'm guessing the following numbers are all the same cigar:

Clues:

- cigar size
- ash color/density
- even/consistent burn
- sweet/citrus taste
- tougher draw
- sloppy cap

Based on these numbers, I'd hazard a guess that all cigars between 49 and 58 are the same.  Lumberg, what do ya say?
[snapback]223387[/snapback]​

Wow, you have too much time! :laugh:

The funny thing is you're right.

Shibumi said:
stevehawk said:

Clues:

- cigar size
- ash color/density
- even/consistent burn
- sweet/citrus taste
- tougher draw
- sloppy cap

Based on these numbers, I'd hazard a guess that all cigars between 49 and 58 are the same.  Lumberg, what do ya say?
[snapback]223387[/snapback]​

Wow, you have too much time! :laugh:

The funny thing is you're right.
[snapback]223409[/snapback]​

Ya, know... I probably would not have noticed, except that I reviewed one of these (# 55, I think). As other reviews were posted I thought, "hey, that's what mine was like." All I really had to do, was go back and check out the cigar #'s. :)