• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Casa Magna conundrum!

Tillers

I've recently moved and have been checking out the new smoke shops in the area. The one I have been going to has the Casa Magna Colorado (one of my fave's) in two sizes; Gran Toro (6 x 58) and Robusto (5.5 x 52). The conundrum comes when I look at the price and they are both the same, $7.99, which is a full $2 less than the cigar place in my old neighborhood.

Naturally, being the young American that I am, I figured more is better, so I picked up a couple of the Gran Toro's. Well, an hour and 45 minutes later I'm thinking more isn't always better. Gonna have to save these for weekend smokes and go with something a bit more manageable during the week.

Anyway, that's my story ???

Jeff

Not all of us can be like Beyond the Band. When you feel like you're done with it, toss it!. Be like a young American and be wasteful. ;)

I'm not a fan of big ring gauges in general, and for a fairly full-bodied stick like the Casa Magna, 6 X 58 is a LOT of cigar! ;)

The robusto's a good size in that line, but I like the corona even better---loads and loads of flavor and done in about 40 minutes. My local B&M, however, seems to like to order the damn salomon/figurados more than anything else . . . those suckers are HUGE.

~Boar

I recently ordered some Churchills and cant wait to spend 90 minutes enveloped in beauty of those fine cigars and a good Scotch.

I've recently moved and have been checking out the new smoke shops in the area. The one I have been going to has the Casa Magna Colorado (one of my fave's) in two sizes; Gran Toro (6 x 58) and Robusto (5.5 x 52). The conundrum comes when I look at the price and they are both the same, $7.99, which is a full $2 less than the cigar place in my old neighborhood.

Naturally, being the young American that I am, I figured more is better, so I picked up a couple of the Gran Toro's. Well, an hour and 45 minutes later I'm thinking more isn't always better. Gonna have to save these for weekend smokes and go with something a bit more manageable during the week.

Anyway, that's my story ???

Jeff

You can always request that your retailer carry a smaller size such as the corona (my favorite of the line). However, also keep in mind a retailer can only carry so many facings and that being said the Gran Toro and the Robusto are the two most popular sizes sold in the Casa Magna line.

Good Luck.

I almost bought a box of the PCs. The robusto and corona are very good but that little PC is great, IMO.

I find with this line, the smaller ring gauge, the more I enjoy them. The lanceros are amazing IMO.

I haven't had one yet, are the current ones as good as the "Cigar of the Year" of days passed?

I have them in the past, but it has been a long time since 2008.............

Let me know how, you make out............

Ill agreement with the consensus here. The smaller gauges are a but more flavorful. Not sure how they tasted in 2008 but they sure are good now!