• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Cigar

Looks like you guys might be able to buy Cuban cigars legit soon(ish). Great news.

Man, that author must be very old. He knows what Freud's cigar smelled like and he knows without a shadow of a doubt that cigars were the sole cause of Grant's death. Odd that he didn't mention George Burns' cigar habit and his age at the time of his death.

Man, that author must be very old. He knows what Freud's cigar smelled like and he knows without a shadow of a doubt that cigars were the sole cause of Grant's death. Odd that he didn't mention George Burns' cigar habit and his age at the time of his death.

That's because he HAS to mention smoking related deaths. Par for the course I guess... What do you think that will do for the price? It's not like they can keep up with the demand now, imagine when we will be able to get them legally!

Quite an entertaining story! Thanks for the link :thumbs:

Unfortunately for the non-usa members here as soon as the trade embargo ends every cigar smoker in America is going to want to get their hands on a box of Cohibas. This would raise the price of the cigars everywhere because the demand is so high. Or the quality is lowered in order to lower the price. Either way things would not be looking good.

Unfortunately for the non-usa members here as soon as the trade embargo ends every cigar smoker in America is going to want to get their hands on a box of Cohibas. This would raise the price of the cigars everywhere because the demand is so high. Or the quality is lowered in order to lower the price. Either way things would not be looking good.

Then I should be able to get my favourite illusiones cheaper!

I wouldn't mind trading expensive top shelf CCs for less expensive top shelf NCs, I am buying more CCs atm because of our poor exchange rate with the US currency (and I have a good CC source), but as soon as that gets more managable, I will be reaching for the Coronados, illusiones, Padron Anniversaries and the Pepins all over again.

Interesting article! Thanks!

Not only will my American friends be able to freely enjoy CC's, but it will also open the door to new NC/CC blends. Can you imagine the possibilities if Fuente, or DPG, or Padron could experiment with both types of tobacco?

I can't wait for that day to come!

P

Ya, I'd like to see if Obama can pull it off. I cant see Cuba changing its style of government for us, but I can see Obama compromising our view of communism to ease the embargo. Prices will go up, quality will probably go down. I'm sure they will be harder to aquire by leaps and bounds. The good stuff already sells out too fast. This is, of course, is my own opinion! :D

Good article. I agree with Doc, HTf Fuente's will likely be easier to find. I think that if they become legal, it will drive the price sky high though.

Nice article. Thanks!

I don't think Cohiba will make it into the US immediately after an embargo, or parts thereof, is/are lifted. I think that one will be in the courts for a while.

However, Montecristo and the other Altadis (Imperial tobacco) brands will have Cuban versions everywhere you can find Altadis now. MC #2 production was (IIRC) 1.5m/yr in 2006, and MC #4's were at 4m/yr (IIRC). I'm sure Imperial Tobacco has a plan to capitilize on the brands they own both in the US and world-wide - how can they not!

BTW, Imperial also has the export rights for raw Cuban tobacco.