• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Closing of AL's Bar

davela

To make way for luxury apartments Al's bar will be closing on July11th.This is our place to smoke in the summer.This bar has been around for decades and it just pisses me off.There I feel better(not really). Dave

Having been through this myself, I can honestly say how sorry I am.

I suppose the only thing I can hope is positive is that Al, or whoever owns the place, is going to retire well and earn a good price for what was obviously a great place...presuming they owned it. Further, that there will be other places to be found, and those good times are not gone. Consolation prize is not much, but I will raise my glass to Al's. :thumbs:

Where the hell are we going to smoke when I come down? I guess we'll just have to go too Mick's place.

Well, if they let Joe in, it must not be a very classy establishment, so maybe it was bound to happen?:)sign:)

That aside, sorry to hear that. Losing a place you regularly hang out with is always a downer. Good luck finding a new spot!

That sucks guys, sorry to hear. Guess a weekly roadie to the Outlaw might be in order. :laugh:

Killing me Alan. :)

This is one of those bars that everyone knows of and everyone seems to be have been there one time or another. What I used to love about the place has been gone for a couple years, so I actually look forward to pioneering onward.... But the environment was always welcoming.

We must choose our next spot wisely...not that any of you care what I think. I never show up anyways. I am an asshole.

Wow, didn't know Al's was closing. It's been a few years since I've been there. Sadly, I've never been able to make a Thursday night with you fellas before. I wasn't into cigars yet.

Hopefully you can settle on another establishment that is as good or better.

BR

Well, if they let Joe in, it must not be a very classy establishment, so maybe it was bound to happen?:)sign:)

That aside, sorry to hear that. Losing a place you regularly hang out with is always a downer. Good luck finding a new spot!

I've been kicked out at a lot better establishment :)

This truly stinks. Maybe we'll meet up at a picnic spot on lake Calhoun, get a load of eye candy and piss the health nuts out :)