• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Cuban Parejo (Perdomo)

hbooker

Cigar DJ
Today’s challenge was The Cuban Parejo - Available in ring sizes from 56 - 62 Nicaraguan Sun Grown Rosado

The first item that caught my attention was the gorgeous chocolaty brown wrapper (Nicaraguan Sun Grown Rosado ) around this Monster ring sized cigar. This was about a 60 or so. The size of this cigar was a bit larger than I was use to dealing with, and it certainly will bring out and issues about size of a cigar. (Or anything else that is!)

Viewing the open end of the Parejo I noticed a combination of filler and flavor tobaccos rich nearly black colors and darker browns.
It was a solid construction with a great pre light aroma, rich earthly tone mixed with a cedar essence and a lighter barnyard type aroma, yet not offensive and ammonia smelling.

I set about to sample this smoke outside my office, upon toasting the cigar I noticed the aroma that wasn’t unlike many other smokes.
As I initially lit up I noticed was a smooth robust flavor. Loads of smoke the draw was Smooth. I was surprised by the smoothness of the smoke on such a large vitola. It was slightly full bodied with a medium strong start.

About 1/2" inch into "Cuban Parejo" I found a delightfully flavor, it offered me a spicy overtone I noticed a combination of flavors. Spicy yet rich as I herfed on I felt The world was right. My outlook had quietly mellowed. I found myself holding this cigar and reviewing it while I smoked it, the wrapper looked almost varnished to a semi sheen. The Ash was a solid grey that stayed on for a full 2” before I removed it fearing a fire!

This cigar is another work of art from perdomo it grew into a powerful peppery flavor. It only got stronger, yet not over-bering. The burn was even throughout the entire smoke (a nice treat indeed).
The aroma was interesting – My co-workers where interested in this one due to the size I believe. Statements like “well couldn’t you find a big cigar for this afternoon?”

As I smoked on the power only grew there was a slight tingle to my lips and the flavor fully enveloped my palette. It was a strong flavor with a medium memory, in this I mean it didn't leave a bad after taste, but the memory lasted longer than other perdomo products.
The smoke stayed cool until about the last 1 1/2" then it heated ever so slightly. The construction stayed together throughout the entire cigar. Even for such a Large ring size this puppy didn’t get soft or ‘squishy’ as had been described to me before.

Afterwards I sat and thought about my review of this cigar, I decided that The Cuban Parejo would be a great treat for anyone who prefers stronger smokes "The Cuban Parejo" wont become my favorite “go to Cigar” due to the ring sizes, but I certainly would not hesitate to offer one of these to experienced smokers. If you see one of these in your local shop, make sure you try it out.

Hbooker rating. of available 100 points.

82 – 84 range

Great review Mike. You are strengthening my resolve to try one of those beauties. Now lemme see, which shop did I see that stick in....

Sounds like my kind of smoke. :thumbs: I'm fan of 60+ ring gauge. I'll have to find me one of those. Any direction?? ;) Great review. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Well done, Mike!

I have seen those in one shop I frequent, may have to snatch one next time around!

Thanks for the review!

Leebo :D

The missus actually lets a trouble maker like you out LeeBo?

EmoDX

Yep,
All I can say is I'm quite a project!

Oh well, ya can't have it all, right?

LMAO

Leebo :sign: :sign: :sign: