• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The day was a long one

hbooker

Cigar DJ
Right now I feel about like the black clouds of doom have set up permanant residence around my head. Im tired and wore thin.

As you all know we have been fighting a battle of finances, and making minor gains. Today Terry got a Job and that was a great moment.
When she got home the daughter (13) was crying in pain - she had been home sick for a few days. Well Terry calls me and I say Doctors NOW.

OK she heads out.
I get there and its not pretty.
I dont know about any of you but seing my child in pain hurts my inner being and being powerless to help hurts even more.
I am suppose to be Daddy the hero, my ego was flattened and humility was the super tonight. Daddy make it stop hurting will be words I remember for a long time....

The doctor basically saved my daughters life today. She was rushed to the it was her apendix (sp?) She had to have emergency surgery and it was a good thing too. The photos are horrid of the shape of her apendix. She is in the hospital undergoing some hard core antibiotics treatments she should be released if nothing goes wrong in 5 days.

Now I am SO glad that she is allright.

There was a moment there when I was looking at her and you know what. It's ok that we lose the little things we have as long as we can have her with us.

So, now Im happy that she is allright.
Even when the bills come in I will be able to keep that perspective.
So it helps to know that it really doesnt matter if Financially we are so ****ed that it is far beyond even fathomable for the averedge person to think about. It almost has a humor to it, maybe I simply lost my mind.

I talked to god today several times, and it was a good discussion.
I pray tonight that my daughter can make it through this tough time, there is a good chance that the infection may spread and cause more harm - and the Doctor let us know that.

Basically im numb from massive input shock tonight.

Anyway if you see a online sale of all of our stuff being set up this way you all know why.
Some things are more important that others.

Tonight I thank god for the gift that my daughter is allright for now.
I will post tomarrow after I leave the hospital.
But for now Im headed back to do the Daddy thing.

Later guys,

Hbooker
Mike Leahy

Mike,

My thoughts and prayers are with your daughter and you for a speedy and full recovery.

Aloha,

Wade

mike,
so sory to here about your daughter. i have 3 boys and i can't stand it when they hurt either.
my prayers are definitely with you!

the rest of this post is directed at all my fellow cp'ers.
we're good at bombing our own with cigars. i say we bomb mike with 5,10,or20 dollar bills whatever you can afford.
i've been in his place and had to sell several things that had meaning to me so i could feed my kids, pay rent,etc.
if you have ever felt like sending mike cigars lets send him instead what you would spend on the cigars and postage.

and mike i will be the first please pm me your addy brother.
you do have a support group here.

sincerely,
glenn smith

Mike,

Thoughts and prayers for you, your daughter, and the rest of your family to speedy and full recovery.

Sincerly,
Joe

Mike,

I've got 4 under my wing. I know exactly where you're coming from. Our prayers are with you.

Mark

Sorry to hear about this Mike, please know that my prayers as well as those of my family are with you and yours in this time of trouble.

Mike, our thoughts ad prayers are with you, Bro!!

May your daughters recovery be speedy.

Lee

Mike,
Amazingly that same story happened to a close friends daughter just the other day. I am glad your daughter is on the way to a speedy recovery! It hurts to see any child in pain and the hurt runs deeper when they belong to you. Our thoughts are with you and your family :D

Benjie V :D

Being a father myself, I know where you are comming from. I will say a orayer for your family and daughter. Hope all is well>

The fever hasn't left but it is now going down back to normal. The nurses say it looks great and she will be fine.

Although I certainly dont feel so hot after all of this.
I think Im just flat out numb.

Hb

Mike, glad to hear your daughter is doing better. Tell her that there are a lot of people that don't even know her that are wishing her a continued speedy recovery.

We're here for ya, Bro!!! Seriously......

Glad to hear your daughter is doing better!

Mike...what a story! :( While I don't have children of my own, I can still relate through friends children. Our prayers are with you and your family. God Speed!

SKYDIVNEKD

Well tonight she is sleeping pretty good. She got rather grumpy this evening she called the doctor an Old But Munch for making her wait LOL (I believe it was this statement)

Im thinking she will do fine. But there is always that lurking fear..
You know..

well mike,
as with elderly people when kids start complaining again they're well on thier way to recovery!! :D

Mike, I have five kids and my oldest has had several trips to the hospital herself for different issues. I know how hard it can be to see the kids in pain. My family will be praying for yours. Even though it seems impossible at times, things will work out. They always do.