• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Edge.

Great King Rat

Is it me or the latest batch of Edges our very bad tasting.

I had a 5 pack 6 months ago and they were great. This latest batch with a 2 month time in a humi still are very harsh and nasty. Are you guys finding out the same bad taste. They taste very bundle like now.

GKR

Had one recently and it tasted pretty bad.
Give it some more time in the humi :cool:

I haven't had it in a while. I would agree that the batches 6 months ago tasted great. I still have some sticks from then. I will have to get a recent one and let you know. They used to be a favorite stick of mine.

I had my first one about a month ago and thought it was terrible. Very sour. I couldnt figure out what all the hype was about but got another one, a natural wrapper and will give it a try maybe this week.

Swimmin' upstream here but I had one of the new EDGE Robusto Maduros and it was fantastic. :whistling:

mrjinglesusa said:
Swimmin' upstream here but I had one of the new EDGE Robusto Maduros and it was fantastic. :whistling:
[snapback]233231[/snapback]​

I agree with Jingles...it was a nice smoke!

But maybe we got ours mixed up with some Pinars :whistling:

Some of them were very good at the beginning. But I heard that the maduro cigars aren't really maduro wrappers...the cigar manager at Hi Times Liquer in Costa Mesa (Very reputable...don't agrue with me on this fact) was told by the rep that the wrappers are "cooked", and the owner of Dana Point Cigars, who has had a line of cigars made for him by Rocky Patel said the wappers were "dyed" (where they take the wrapper and wet it, and then queeze the juice out out get a uniform color) to be made to look like maduro. They are not, in fact, real maduro wrapper and in turn don't taste like maduro wrapper. PM me if you don't believe me...we'll talk further. The corojo's are great though...IMHO.

-Fetter

I've been smoking these all summer, great while running equipment. The corojo has always been great. as for the Maddy, It's a flavorful cigar for the money. I have not noticed any differences. My local shop goes through about a box of 100 per week. It's a big seller.

Interesting to hear it's not a true maddy. Will not effect my decision on smoking them. Thanks for the info.

I would never want to turn anybody away from them if they like them. But the question was poised...why are they not as good? So I thought I would throw in my 2 cents about what I've learned about the maduros...and maybe that affects the consistency of that line. The corojo line is great because it is a true corojo wrapper. Like I said, not bashing them, just informing about what they are. :thumbs:

-Fetter

I brought this up with a few other local smokers. I've found out that there is a batch of RP seconds which were refused by RP. They found thier way onto Cigar International (CI) as The Edge 'X-Outs' by Rocky Patel.

A friend of a friend bought a bundle of these and daid it definitely is not a normal RP EDGE[/B. Rolled and Burned uneven. He said he will drop one off for me in the next day or so. I'll let you know what I find out.

I hope this helps.