• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Evil Dr. Moki’s Blind THANK YOU Test

sinnyc

Tibi ipsi esto fidelis.
Back in February, Moki chose 10 victims to participate in this thread , a blind taste test ostensibly designed to see how well each participant could differentiate between cigars from different countries. Moki's true purpose was far more insidious, however. He actually used us all to illustrate his point that taste is utterly subjective. Some of us did quite well at times, some less so, and not one of us came close to getting them all. What we all got out of it was a more refined appreciation of our own tastes. And we had a hell of a lot of fun learning

As the test concluded, I was smiling as I mulled over the great experience I had participating in this thing and I decided to send Moki a thank you cigar and a note to tell him as much and to thank him for including me. After a moment's thought, I figured the other "subjects" were probably going to do the same thing. I thought it would be cool to gather all of the thank you's from each of the test participants together and then send the whole package off to Moki in a single big bomb.

But then, inspiration struck. *EVIL* inspiration…ohhhh yes.

You see, I am a bit evil myself and I came to see that just sending him a bunch of cigars wasn't enough. For one thing, it was too easy – for us and him. I mean it would have been a nice gesture and all but come on, if a guy can't give a pal a bit of a hard time then what's the point? And where would the fun be for the rest of CP? We'd send him the cigars, he'd say thanks, and nobody would ever think about it again. That's not nearly enough fun for me.

My evil epiphany caused me to realize that the only truly fitting way to thank Andrew would be to turn the tables on him. I decided that we would thank him with a test of our own. I asked the other participants to send me a cigar of their choice for Moki. Once I had gathered 10 cigars together I removed the bands, clipped the heads, photographed the whole lot, packed 'em up, and shipped them off to Moki, telling him that if he wished to know what he were smoking he would have to take the test in the same way we did.

Simple. Elegant. Evil. Perfect!

Without further ado, I give you:

The Evil Dr. Moki's Blind Thank You Test

Moki doesn't know this yet but tomorrow morning, Monday, May 5[sup]th[/sup], a package will be sent on its way to him.
DC# 0703 8555 7490 3859 5210
The box contains 10 cigars prepared in the same way that Moki prescribed for our test: unbanded and precut. If he wants to know what they are I have asked him to abide by the following rules:

• First and foremost, this is a Thank You and not a true test so it is all tongue-in-cheek. There are, however, some interesting curveballs in this batch of cigars and we think this will be enjoyable for one and all.
  • The criteria are the same as they were for our test. I have copied them in below:
Cigar #: the number of the cigar you smoked
Tasting notes: be as long or as short as you like, describing what you tasted when you smoked the cigar
Origin: what country you think the tobacco in the cigar is principally from
Price: pick one of the following price-points: budget, everyday, premium, super-premium
Rating: 1-10, 10 being the best... how good was this cigar overall?
Marca: a guess at exactly what cigar line (eg: Cohiba, Flor Fina, etc.) you think you smoked

• Review schedule: There is none. Moki can smoke these at his leisure and PM me with his thoughts. I will update the thread as I receive his reports.
  • When it is over I will PM Moki a list of the participants and the cigars they donated. I decided that if he knew beforehand, it might influence his tastings.
  • Ultimate goal: Simple. We are out to prove the two old maxims: "There ain't no free lunch" and "No good deed goes unpunished".
Moki, all of the victims of your first Mass Cigar Pass Blind Taste Test thank you. We hope that you have as much fun with our gift to you as we had with your test.

- Tim and the rest of the "victims"

My photography skills are not on the level of Enerjay but here is a shot of all 10 cigars we sent:

mokithankyoucigargroupati5.jpg

Here are closeups of 1-5 and the next is 5-10

mokithankyoucigargroup0wr0.jpg

mokithankyoucigargroup5sy6.jpg

Awsome. Great gesture by you guys, and a fun concept. You know what they say about payback.

Lets see about that Cuban 'twang' now sucka

I loved reading the last blind test thread, I'm excited for this one :)

Nice job.

Well done!

I agree that the original thread(s? was there more than one EDMBTT?) was really fascinating to read. I'm not sure which aspect was cooler--the deadly accurate assessments, or the ones that were contrary to a cigar's 'reputation'. I'm sure this one will offer much of the same.

Thanks for putting it together sinnyc. Thanks Moki...enjoy :)

Nicely done, but you should have kept him to a schedule.

That was the most challenging part of the taste test :thumbs:

Nice looking bunch of sticks. I think these blind tastings are fun, interesting, and very educational.

GAME ON :D :D ..... Let's see what Mr. Moki can do.

You forgot the quarter!

I started out using the quarter but then I received a Cease and Desist order from a law firm named "Savage, Rabid, and Evil Lawyers, LLP". Apparently, The Evil Dr. Moki has retained this pack of wild dogs to defend his copyright on "all quarters used in any and all cigar related photography".

I thought about fighting. Then I lit a WOAM and decided to back away slowly...

Lets see about that Cuban 'twang' now sucka

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I don't know if it's the image in my head of the beedog sayin' it, but this is undoubtedly one of THE funniest damn lines I've ever read on CP.

Awesome gesture guys! If this proves to be even just a fraction as interesting as the original thread, it'll definitely be one to watch.

A package was received today at the Moki compound!

A package was received today at the Moki compound!

Excellent!

*rubs hands together evilly*

PM me when you have smoked the first one Moki. I'll be in KC over the weekend of 5/17 and Vegas for the CP herf over the weekend of 5/21 but other than that I am ready when you are.