• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Fuente Goodness pass

Gator

Hi folks, welcome the Fuente Goodness pass. This pass is primarily 'high end' Fuente manufactured or Fuente blended pass, a mix of oddball shapes, sizes, ages, and rarity. To make this a little more interesting, i'm adding 7 Don Pepin Garcia sticks just in case some want to trade a few DPG cigars (all cigars that DPG has a hand in, including Tats). Now that the weather is getting better, this pass will kick off the 1st week of October.

The Rules
:
1. Standard Cigar Pass Rules:
a. No more than 2 duplicates at any given time, and no triples or greater.
b. DPG cigars must be exchanged for DPG cigars, no exceptions. This is like having a mini pass on DPG to add some more variety / choices, but the theme is Fuente, so i don't want to get too far away from that. Participants can pick and put as many DPG's as they like. It's a Fuente for Fuente, DPG for DPG pass...

The Sticks:
1. Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario Double Robusto
2. Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario Toro
3. GOF Carlito (take, tkoepp)
4. GOF Don Carlos
5. Forbidden X Unos
6. Forbidden X Dos (take, NorCal)
7. Forbidden X Lancero 2004
8. Opus LBMF(take, mmburtch)
9. Opus Chili Pepper (take, calixeros)
10.Opus Shark
11.Opus Perf. X 2003 (take, Seth)
12.Opus Perf. X 2005
13.Opus #4 2006
14.opus #5 2007 (take, Fatken)
15.Opus XxX 2007
16.Opus Robusto 2006
17.Opus X Super Belicoso 2006
18.Opus X double corona 2006
19.Opus X Petite Lancero(take, calixeros)
20.Anejo 48 2007 (take, Alex)
21.Anejo shark 2006(take, Alex)
22.Anejo 55 2007(take, Alex)
23.Anejo 46 2007 (TAKE, JFIELDS)
24.Anejo 50 2007(take, tasman)
25.Woam 2007 (take, NorCal)
26.BTL 2006(take, jfields)
27.VSG Torpedo (take, mmburtch)
28.VSG Robusto
29.VSG Enchantment(take, calixeros)
30.ESG Churchill (take, shooter)
31.*DC Max #3 (or?)
32.Don Carlos Lancero(take, NorCal)
33.Opus Toast Across America 2005(take, tasman)
34.Casa Fuente Churchill
35.Casa Fuente Corona Gorda (take, NorCal)
36.Don Pepin Garcia JJ Series Maduro Belicoso (take, Seth)
37.Don Pepin Garcia JJ Series Maduro Sublime
38.Don Pepin Garcia Lancero (?) Blue Label(take, mmburtch)
39.Don Pepin El Centurion Gladiadores(take, mmburtch)
40.Tatuaje Regional Release East
41.Tatuaje RC 184
42.Tatuaje East Coast release

43. TAA 2007 set (oops, I previously thought it was the 2006 set) (put, NorCal)
44. FFOX Petit Lancero, 2006 (put, Norcal)(take, Fatken)
45. Anejo #55, 2005 (put, Norcal)(take, tasman)
46. GOF Don Carlos, 2005 (put, NorCal)
47. Forbidden X lancero 2004 (put, mmburtch, take, tkoepp)
48. VSG wizzard(put, mmburtch)
49. Tat Lado Occidental (West)(put, mmburtch, take tkoepp)
50. Tat Cojonu 06(put, mmburtch)(take, tasman)
51.FFOX 04 Lancero (put, Alex)
52.FFOX 06 OPUS 22 Chili Pepper (put, Alex)(take, tasman)
53.Casa Fuente Belicoso (first month casa fuente opened) (put, Alex)
54.54. A/F 858 Sungrown (04)(put, Alex, take tkoepp)
#55 Opus X Shark (put, tkoepp)
#57 BTTB Salamone(putt, koepp)
#56 DCM Stanford's 90th (put, tkoepp)(take calixeros)
#58 UTS (put, tkoepp)
#59Opus serie x x squared '06(put, calixeros)
#60Opus fuente fuente(put, calixeros)
#61VSG sorcerer '04(put, calixeros)(take, Denverfrog)
#62Tubed Opus reserva d'chateau '(put, calixeros)
#63Opus X Chili Pepper 2005(put, tasman)
#64 AF Don Carlos Lancero(put, tasman)
#65Opus X Robusto 2005(put, tasman)
#66AF Opus X Lancero Tubed(put, tasman)(take,jfields)
#67Tatuaje West Coast(put, tasman)(take, shooter)
#68 Anejo 55 (put, jfields)(take, Denverfrog)
#69 ESG Robusto (put, jfields)(take, Shooter)
#70 Opus Super Belicoso 05 (put, jfields)
#71 VSG Robusto(put, jfield)(take, Fatken)
#72 Anejo 49 (put, shooter)(take, Seth)
#73 Anejo 46 (put, shooter)(take, DenverFrog)
#74 Anejo 50 (put, shooter)(take, Seth)
#75 Woam 06 (put, shooter)
#76 VSG Enchantment (put, shooter)
#77 Blue Label Lancero (put, shooter)
#78 VSG Spellbound 06 (put, Denverdong)
#79 Untold Story Maddy 06 (put, Denverhog)
#80 Opus Fuente Fuente 05 (put, Denverbong)
#81 Opus #5 05 (put, Denverdickweed)(take, Fatken)
#82 Opus Double Corona 06 (put, Seth)
#83 Padilla 1932 Lancero (put, Seth)(take, Fatken)
#84 Opus xXx 2007 (put, Seth)
#85 Opus Perfection X 2007 (put, Seth)
#86 Opus xXx (put, Fatken)
#87 Opus Super Belicoso (put, Fatken)
#88 anejo 49 (put, Fatken)
#89 anejo 46 (put, Fatken)
#90 Padilla corojo edition especial

* This MIGHT be an OR, when i described it to Drew Newman, he thought it was, but there's no way to verify for sure. The cello is yellowed, and it smokes fantastic.

The Participants:
This pass is invite only, but if anyone of the confirmed participants fall out, then i will pick replacements. You need to be able to trade appropriately at any given time in this pass to qualify, IE you better have a pretty decent arsenal of Fuente and DPG sticks. PM me if interested, and i'll use my best discretion to choose the replacement participants, and if you don't get chosen or are not on the list, please don't take it personal, but i feel this is the best way to manage the pass. Here are the confirmed participants, in order:
NorCalCigarLover
OpusXMarco
mmburtch
Mike33
Alexgtp
tkoepp
CalixEros
Tasman
Jfields
Shooter
Denverdog
Seth
Fatken
Jonesy

I am sure i am forgetting some things, so i will edit this several times i'm sure, but i really hope this pass is fun and allows all participants to have some fun and try some new sticks or old favorites.

Thanks for the invite Bro! That's one helluva lineup you've got there.

OK, already one 'new' rule is causing controversy, at least with 1 highly respected botl. The rule about allowing 1 put for 2 takes is only allowed 3 times TOTAL during the pass, and a person can only do it once, and for only 2 takes. My theory is this will allow the overall quality of the cigars to increase, w/out diminishing the selection (only by a few cigars) as there are over 40 cigars in the pass. Now, it could be viewed as i'm trying to jack up the pass so my selection is better, but that's definitely not the case as overall value will stay the same, i just don't see it as being an issue, but that's my perspective.

If this causes a problem, i will change it. I would like for some participants and fogs to chime in, maybe pm is better.

The Rules[/size][/color]:
2. Put / Take rules: As normal, your put must meet or exceed the value of your take. This will be left to the discretion of the pass participants, all participants are proven straight shooting BOTLs who will consider rarity, age, and MSRP There are a few twists though:
A. On no more than 3 occasions, a participant may take 2 cigars to equal one put, this can be done no more than 3 times, Anejo, Hemingway Maduros, BTLs, Don Carlos Lancero, and VSG's are exempt from this as their MSRP is already low. Again, use discretion when doing this, the concept is to 'spice up' the cigar selection.
B. No more than 2 duplicates at any given time, and no triples or greater.
C. A soon to be named BOTL who is not participating in the pass will be the determiner of value for the rarer / htf sticks, this BOTL has the final say, this should keep disagreements on value squashed and objective.
D. DPG cigars must be exchanged for DPG cigars, no exceptions, and only 1 DPG play per person.
E. I'm sure i'm forgetting something, when / if i remember i will edit
3. See E.

Why all the rules?

1. Looks like Standard rules aren't applying
2. "Must meet or exceed"? It's a given that your put should equal your take, but why do you feel the need to clarify "must meet or exceed?
A. Who will determine who the 3 are? And you're already exempting cigars? LOL.
B. I've never seen this rule before, seems to me you're trying to better your selection. It's pretty common sense that if 2 Sharks are already in the pass, you probably shouldn't put another.
C. It should be left up to the Pass Participants to determine value and the community. Not a single person.
D. Again, never seen this before. Seems to me you don't want someone taking a Fuente and putting a DPG.

All this seems too fishy to me Frank. Glad I didn't agree to participate in this one, too many f'ing rules.

The Rules[/size][/color]:
2. Put / Take rules: As normal, your put must meet or exceed the value of your take. This will be left to the discretion of the pass participants, all participants are proven straight shooting BOTLs who will consider rarity, age, and MSRP There are a few twists though:
A. On no more than 3 occasions, a participant may take 2 cigars to equal one put, this can be done no more than 3 times, Anejo, Hemingway Maduros, BTLs, Don Carlos Lancero, and VSG's are exempt from this as their MSRP is already low. Again, use discretion when doing this, the concept is to 'spice up' the cigar selection.
B. No more than 2 duplicates at any given time, and no triples or greater.
C. A soon to be named BOTL who is not participating in the pass will be the determiner of value for the rarer / htf sticks, this BOTL has the final say, this should keep disagreements on value squashed and objective.
D. DPG cigars must be exchanged for DPG cigars, no exceptions, and only 1 DPG play per person.
E. I'm sure i'm forgetting something, when / if i remember i will edit
3. See E.

Why all the rules?

1. Looks like Standard rules aren't applying
2. "Must meet or exceed"? It's a given that your put should equal your take, but why do you feel the need to clarify "must meet or exceed?
A. Who will determine who the 3 are? And you're already exempting cigars? LOL.
B. I've never seen this rule before, seems to me you're trying to better your selection. It's pretty common sense that if 2 Sharks are already in the pass, you probably shouldn't put another.
C. It should be left up to the Pass Participants to determine value and the community. Not a single person.
D. Again, never seen this before. Seems to me you don't want someone taking a Fuente and putting a DPG.

All this seems too fishy to me Frank. Glad I didn't agree to participate in this one, too many f'ing rules.

you know Brandon some things are best left to pm., kinda chicken shit to post this, and i can honestly say i'm not trying to pull anything fishy, and if you think so, then that's your friggin problem, glad you didn't participate, plenty of good botls that are. I believe i said i wanted to make sure this was all square, maybe i f'd up, if so i'll get it right before it goes out.

Edit: Brandon did make a good point(s) on the outside person, and the 'must meet or exceed', that was redundant, i changed them

Nothing chickenshit at all about Brandon's post. This pass is questionable at best. With your history, it would be easy for one to think that this is just another attempt on your part to trade up trying to get better cigars than what you have. Brandon and any other member on this board has the right to question what you are trying to do here. If you have nothing to hide and you're not trying to put one over on us why get so defensive about his post, and then call him a chickenshit for posting it on this thread? Brandon has never been anything but a stand up member here. Anyone you ask will say he's one of the nicest most sincere members out there. And apparantly another respected member already questioned your pass privately as well.

My history is good Gonz, and i could care less about your opinion. This is a classic example of two people that don't care for me taking their shots. Sure, point out the errors i made, but the implication that i'm trying to screw someone is BS, and i won't sit here and let you take your chicken shit shots.

you know Brandon some things are best left to pm., kinda chicken shit to post this, and i can honestly say i'm not trying to pull anything fishy, and if you think so, then that's your friggin problem, glad you didn't participate, plenty of good botls that are. I believe i said i wanted to make sure this was all square, maybe i f'd up, if so i'll get it right before it goes out.

Not chicken shit at all. I have no problem voicing my opinion in public or via PM. If you're going to have so many damn rules, telling everyone what they can and can't take, be prepared for questions.

You already said several have questioned the 2 for 1 deal, I just questioned that and other things that looked fishy to me.

This is a classic example of two people that don't care for me taking their shots. Sure, point out the errors i made, but the implication that i'm trying to screw someone is BS, and i won't sit here and let you take your chicken shit shots.

Don't get your dick hard Gator, I never once said I didn't care for you, just pointing out some concerns I saw. Now, after you made the post above, is when I start to not care for you.

I would have posted this for anyone who started a pass like this.

Edit: Brandon did make a good point(s) on the outside person, and the 'must meet or exceed', that was redundant, i changed them

My history is good Gonz, and i could care less about your opinion. This is a classic example of two people that don't care for me taking their shots. Sure, point out the errors i made, but the implication that i'm trying to screw someone is BS, and i won't sit here and let you take your chicken shit shots.

Wow :0

I already hear the train whistle in the distance...

Wow . . . I was starting to feel left out and a bit miffed that I keep getting passed over for participating in a pass . . . then I see this. Makes me glad I am not a part of this after all.

As I have no horse in this race ny opinion is neither bias or matters as I am sure some may point out. However, given that the pass was by invite, selected by the host, he should feel comfortable about those who are int he pass and that they will follow the "Standard Rules" that have been a part of CP for a long time. Of course, if any participants are unsure or have questions about the rules they should be able to question the host . . . publicly. . . regarding their concerns. The fact that some (including the host) have resorted to name calling so quickly really sours what appears to be a pass with an outstanding selection of smokes.

Gator, I do not know you, so do not take anything personally. I am the type of person who likes to believe that people have honest intentions, and not suspect foul play without evidence to the contrary. When I first read the rules I did not take them as you trying to better you end of the deal. However, upon reflection I can see how some might see that. The other part about a single person being the sole source of valuation was also contrary to the standard pass rules that have been a part of CP for a long time. Given these "quirky" exceptions to the rules you posted you should not get your feathers ruffled so easily when these rules (and your motives) are questioned.

If this pass gets off the ground I wish you all luck . . . the selection appears to be top notch to say the least.

- Jason

Not chicken shit at all. I have no problem voicing my opinion in public or via PM. If you're going to have so many damn rules, telling everyone what they can and can't take, be prepared for questions.

You already said several have questioned the 2 for 1 deal, I just questioned that and other things that looked fishy to me.

This is a classic example of two people that don't care for me taking their shots. Sure, point out the errors i made, but the implication that i'm trying to screw someone is BS, and i won't sit here and let you take your chicken shit shots.

Don't get your dick hard Gator, I never once said I didn't care for you, just pointing out some concerns I saw. Now, after you made the post above, is when I start to not care for you.

I would have posted this for anyone who started a pass like this.

I'm sorry Brandon, when someone publicly questions my character, then i get pissed, and you did. If it was me, i would have pm'd the person 1st to question why those rules are there, not publicly called them out like you did, so i stand by my comments, it was chicken shit, IMO. And, if you don't like my response, don't make chicken shit posts, it's real simple.

Let me address a couple things.
1. I've pm'd the participants several times before i posted this with the concept of what i'm trying to do in the pass. One person doesn't agree with the 2 for 1 rule i have, and he pm'd me, and we had a civil discussion, then i made a post asking is this too controversial, read the 4th post of this thread.
2. During the Jonesy pass, some values of isoms were in question, and Jonesy wanted to get an opinion of an outside person, so that's what i was tying to do, get an outside objective opinion from a very well respected fog. Now was this wrong, i don't really know, but i did think maybe it was overkill, and changed it. What would i stand to gain from this, the fog was contacted about this several hours ago, and i don't really know the person, so nothing to gain.
3. The DPG part was a late add on, hoping to give some folks something else to pick from. I wanted to make it side a side pass, therefore the rule i put in. Now was this overkill, i don't know, but it's still value for value, so if people were allowed to trade pepins for fuente, where would i be screwing people? I just wanted to keep the Pepins at the same number as this pass started out as a Fuente pass.
4. So what do i really have to gain by "being fishy"? I addressed in a pm initially that lets not get into the really rare opus stuff. Do you really think people are going to start throwing in the really rare stuff in this pass, if so, then buddy i have a trade for you!!

Like i have said earlier, i'll be more than happy to alter this pass so it goes smoothly, this is my 1st one, and it is different.

Now Gonz, he's just a bitter little man that very much dislikes me, and he takes his shots when he can, go check out his posts in my threads at CF, that'll give some insight into the guy. Gonz, like i said to you at CF, if you have an issue w/ me, then feel free to pm me, this is getting old.

Now, time to move on, Brandon and Gonz, feel free to pm me if you'd like to discuss, you've raised your objections.

Wow . . . I was starting to feel left out and a bit miffed that I keep getting passed over for participating in a pass . . . then I see this. Makes me glad I am not a part of this after all.

As I have no horse in this race ny opinion is neither bias or matters as I am sure some may point out. However, given that the pass was by invite, selected by the host, he should feel comfortable about those who are int he pass and that they will follow the "Standard Rules" that have been a part of CP for a long time. Of course, if any participants are unsure or have questions about the rules they should be able to question the host . . . publicly. . . regarding their concerns. The fact that some (including the host) have resorted to name calling so quickly really sours what appears to be a pass with an outstanding selection of smokes.

Gator, I do not know you, so do not take anything personally. I am the type of person who likes to believe that people have honest intentions, and not suspect foul play without evidence to the contrary. When I first read the rules I did not take them as you trying to better you end of the deal. However, upon reflection I can see how some might see that. The other part about a single person being the sole source of valuation was also contrary to the standard pass rules that have been a part of CP for a long time. Given these "quirky" exceptions to the rules you posted you should not get your feathers ruffled so easily when these rules (and your motives) are questioned.

If this pass gets off the ground I wish you all luck . . . the selection appears to be top notch to say the least.

- Jason

I just disagree w/ my character being questioned like it was, i don't like it, i feel it's out of place. Now maybe i'm wrong, i've been that way before, and maybe i should have taken the high road, or not got offended, but i did, i think it could have been handled better than it was, and maybe the way i did.

I'm sorry Brandon, when someone publicly questions my character, then i get pissed, and you did. If it was me, i would have pm'd the person 1st to question why those rules are there, not publicly called them out like you did, so i stand by my comments, it was chicken shit, IMO. And, if you don't like my response, don't make chicken shit posts, it's real simple.

Let me address a couple things.
1. I've pm'd the participants several times before i posted this with the concept of what i'm trying to do in the pass. One person doesn't agree with the 2 for 1 rule i have, and he pm'd me, and we had a civil discussion, then i made a post asking is this too controversial, read the 4th post of this thread.
2. During the Jonesy pass, some values of isoms were in question, and Jonesy wanted to get an opinion of an outside person, so that's what i was tying to do, get an outside objective opinion from a very well respected fog. Now was this wrong, i don't really know, but i did think maybe it was overkill, and changed it. What would i stand to gain from this, the fog was contacted about this several hours ago, and i don't really know the person, so nothing to gain.
3. The DPG part was a late add on, hoping to give some folks something else to pick from. I wanted to make it side a side pass, therefore the rule i put in. Now was this overkill, i don't know, but it's still value for value, so if people were allowed to trade pepins for fuente, where would i be screwing people? I just wanted to keep the Pepins at the same number as this pass started out as a Fuente pass.
4. So what do i really have to gain by "being fishy"? I addressed in a pm initially that lets not get into the really rare opus stuff. Do you really think people are going to start throwing in the really rare stuff in this pass, if so, then buddy i have a trade for you!!

Like i have said earlier, i'll be more than happy to alter this pass so it goes smoothly, this is my 1st one, and it is different.

Now Gonz, he's just a bitter little man that very much dislikes me, and he takes his shots when he can, go check out his posts in my threads at CF, that'll give some insight into the guy. Gonz, like i said to you at CF, if you have an issue w/ me, then feel free to pm me, this is getting old.

Now, time to move on, Brandon and Gonz, feel free to pm me if you'd like to discuss, you've raised your objections.

If you make a post publicly, I see no problem at all with someone publicly questioning you on it. It's real simple.

1. This is a community, where everyone that's involved has an equal say. If you took my comments as chicken shit, so be it. I'm not going to apologize, nor do I see a need to.

2. It should be up to everyone in the pass to agree upon puts/takes, since they have the most stake in the decision.

3. You stated that a DPG could only be taken for a DPG. Why? The only rule I've ever seen is ISOM for ISOM, which you have none of. God forbid that you lose one of those precious Fuentes for a DPG.

4. You're a self proclaimed Fuente HO and by limiting what can be put and taken, really seems that you're trying to get over on people. Again, just my chicken shit opinion.

I voiced my opinion at first and you didn't like it. Too f'ing bad. For someone not trying to better their stash, I guess you joining CF and immediately asking about the CFCF auction, was just you playing a joke?

** edited for spelling

Ok, i was wrong to react that strongly, i just sometimes express exactly how i feel when i think my integrity is being questioned.

I think i have addressed the points that non-pass participants brought up, but to make this pass go easier, i can easily adjust this to straight forward cp rules, i'll let the pass participants decide that, i was simply just trying to make it a better pass.

For what it is worth from a newb/ noob ( see I'm so new I don't even know the correct spelling!) :laugh: - this behavior in a public forum is childish. Take it to PM and forget about it.

You had to know that 2A would cause someone to have an issue and once one person does, others follow. I'd say just scratch that option entirely. 2B is fairly common sense, as bfreebern said, so no harm in stating it outright. 2C seems to be within the "poetic license" of the pass owner.

Just my $0.03. I hope your pass works out. :)

Yeah, i was wrong to react like i did, i felt it was a personal attack, and my reaction was wrong, so I apologize to Brandon.

Now, to make this pass simple, it's a straight up normal CP pass as outlined in CP rules, with the exception of DPG for DPG, i would like to keep that as is, no limit on how many DPG takes someone can do. I'll use some contests and a few other tricks up my sleeve to make this a fun pass. I'll update the initial post as soon as i can. BTW, if you have any more comments about the 'pissing contest', please take it to PM, there's been enough 'drama' here already.

Sorry to let this get out of hand, hopefully it gets back on track

EatCrow.gif

(crow tastes like shit btw)

Frank I told you about the sharks :laugh: :laugh: Can't wait to see this take off, that is the pass!!!