• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The GOOOOO GIANTS! contest

sinnyc

Tibi ipsi esto fidelis.
The GOOOOO GIANTS!!! contest

In honor of the New York Giants actually making it past the first round of the playoffs (and Eli's first post-season win) after a season that almost drove me to distraction, I am holding a two part contest.

Rules:

1. There are two questions and each one has a prize for the first member to give the correct answer. You do NOT have to get both answers correct although I suppose it is possible if unlikely.
  2. One guess per question per member.
  3. Post editing = disqualification
  4. Sadly, members tsmckenney and simmsboard are not eligible as they were present when I was discussing this contest. Sorry fellas, I'll make it up to you with something tasty ;)

Prizes:
The prize for each question is something of a grab bag (sort of like the Giants season) fiver containing:
(1) RASS
(1) HdM Petit Robusto
(1) HdM Dark Sumatra Espresso
(1) CAO Criollo Pato
(1) Fuente Anejo 50
BONUS PRIZE: If someone does happen to be the first to correctly answer both questions, they will not only receive both prize packs but also (1) 2005 GOF Carlito Churchill.

Question #1: What is the name of my favorite NY Giants offensive player?

WINNER of the prize for question #1 is KHARI with Joe Morris, RB.
Well done, PM sent.
Sent out 2008/01/07 w/DC # 0307 1790 0005 2295 9544

Question #2: What is the name of my favorite NY Giants defensive player?
Oh well. Much to my amazement, nobody got this one. The answer is Carl Banks, L.T.'s line-backing partner in crime.

Hints:
These are players of the modern era - no Y.A. Tittles here.
Both were active within the past 25 years.
Neither is in the Hall of Fame.
Neither is an active player today.

Good luck to all and GOOOOO GIANTS!!!

This contest will end at Midnight Central Time on Wednesday, January 9th

- Tim

edited to add first winner, edited to add a hint, edited to add DC for Prize 1 of 2, edited to add an end time.

Well, I guess it ain't Frank Gifford and Sam Huff. Haven't paid much attention to the G-men since those days. Oh well.

Doc.

My guesses are - Kurt Warner and Kawika Mitchell

Some great players' names posted up so far but nobody has gotten either one yet.

As an added tip I'll say that if you have seen another member guess a certain name then there is no point in you guessing that name as well - it is either right or wrong but either way that name is off the list ;)

I have to go out to dinner for a couple of hours so I'll check in again when I return.

Good luck!

- Tim

Some great players' names posted up so far but nobody has gotten either one yet.

As an added tip I'll say that if you have seen another member guess a certain name then there is no point in you guessing that name as well - it is either right or wrong but either way that name is off the list ;)

I have to go out to dinner for a couple of hours so I'll check in again when I return.

Good luck!

- Tim
How can Phill McConkey not be your favorite Giants player of all time?!?!?!